Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm getting e-mail notifications today for old threads with no new replies

Options
  • 07-11-2011 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭

Today I've received five email notifications so far for threads I'm "following" when (a) I un-followed the thread already and (b) there are NO new posts in the thread.

It's a bit weird!

Just letting you know....
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I got a whole bunch of them this morning. Twenty to thirty so far.

I got 73 so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,634 ✭✭✭✭28064212

They seem to be 'old' new post notifications. I noticed over the last few weeks that I wasn't getting notifications for some threads I was following. There didn't seem to be any pattern as to which notifications would get through, I would get some but not others. Threads with new posts would still show up in usercp. Now all the missing ones seem to have been delivered in one bunch

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

whirlpool wrote: »
    I've received five email notifications

Raam wrote: »
    I got a whole bunch of them this morning. Twenty to thirty so far.
    Karsini wrote: »
    I got 73 so far!

Okay! Okay! It's not a competition! :mad: :( (how come they get more than me????) :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

See response in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Yes me too, I noticed that I was not getting much replys on threads that I subscribed to.I have just opened my email and had got 53 extra emails from a few days ago:eek:The times were all wrong too.

Advertisement