Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Cyclist of the year

• 07-11-2011 1:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭

Cycling Ireland
    http://www.cyclingireland.ie/Home/CI-Ezine/Edition-4/Member-Awards-2011.aspx?utm_source=Circulator&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=Upcoming%20Events%20and%20Membership%20Awards

is holding awards for cyclist of the year.

You can vote there if you are a cycling Ireland member.

but in the interest of fairness , I will mirror the poll here.

Laz

Vote for :Best Ireland based male rider 2011 46 votes

Damien Shaw (Lakeside Wheelers)
    0% 0 votes
    Eoin Mullen (Sundrive track Team)
    6% 3 votes
    Adam Armstrong(Eurocycles)
    0% 0 votes
    Sean Lacey(the Edge)
    0% 0 votes
    Marc Rowan(Shannonside)
    6% 3 votes
    Gerald Wolfe(Flow Racing)
    15% 7 votes
    Martin Irvine(Giant Asia)
    8% 4 votes
    Darragh Zaidan (Stephens Cyclelogical)
    21% 10 votes
    Stephen McNally(Orwell Wheelers)
    4% 2 votes
    Ed Barry(Blarney CC)
    4% 2 votes
    Mark Dowling(Decktek Dunboyne/ Clonee)
    6% 3 votes
    Stephen Clancy (Limerick CC)
    2% 1 vote
    Greg Swinard(Usher CC)
    21% 10 votes
    Conor Mcllwaine(Errigal CC)
    2% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,776 ✭✭✭C3PO

Genuinely not trying to be antagonistic but surely Robin Seymour who once again (for the God knows how many times!) is the Irish Mountain Bike and CX National Champion should be included in this poll?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Got to be the young lad from Limerick for my vote ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

One DH MTB'er in there, though nothing for Ireland's greatest MTB&CX rider, surely a major gaff by CI??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Gotta be Martyn Irvine for me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Raam wrote: »
    Gotta be Martyn Irvine for me.

Great season all right but Mark Rohan has won both the road and tt world tiles this year as well as the European champs.

http://www.cyclingireland.ie/Home/News/Mark-Rohan---athlete-of-the-month.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Lazairus

Mark Rowan got my vote

he is a fellow clubmate, and also a huge posibilty in winning gold next year.

Laz

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I've never heard of any of these guys.:o

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Mark Rohan for me too.

Inspirational man, brilliant athlethe. Never met a person with a more positive attitude in my life!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

RPL1 wrote: »
    Genuinely not trying to be antagonistic but surely Robin Seymour who once again (for the God knows how many times!) is the Irish Mountain Bike and CX National Champion should be included in this poll?
    This came up some years ago, the candidates are put forward by Cycling Ireland members (at least in 2008 & 9 that is how it worked). The list is not based on performance or achievements of the year, just members' nominations ... it is your own fault if your favorite x-y-z isn't there.

I always miss the notice about nominations though ... fishy? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,776 ✭✭✭C3PO

rob1891 wrote: »
    This came up some years ago, the candidates are put forward by Cycling Ireland members (at least in 2008 & 9 that is how it worked). The list is not based on performance or achievements of the year, just members' nominations ... it is your own fault if your favorite x-y-z isn't there.

I always miss the notice about nominations though ... fishy? :rolleyes:

I sort of thought that might be the case! Having said that I'm a regular reader of all the MTB forums and I've never yet seen an announcement from CI looking for nominations! Be very simple to set up an RSS Feed to the various sites!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭morana

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    One DH MTB'er in there, though nothing for Ireland's greatest MTB&CX rider, surely a major gaff by CI??

Afaik the office contacted the provinces and commissions for people to be included. I will have to check the commissions bit but he should be in there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭G2ECE

I believe Stephen Clancy has won it, well done to him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

why is Roche not there?

cos he's pro?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

why is Roche not there?

cos he's pro?

Has to be based in Ireland I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Well done "young lad". Hopefully this is just a stepping stone to much bigger and better things

Oh - and congratulations to Orla also - I actually managed to beat her on one occasion this year:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭lyders

So who will actually be at the Awards night this Saturday? Anyone go last year...hoping it will be a bit of fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭morana

yeah it was great craic. I will be there..maybe not in an official capacity but will be there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

morana wrote: »
    yeah it was great craic. I will be there..maybe not in an official capacity but will be there.

In an official capacity for the first half anyway ;)

(Am standing for re-election as a director of another organisation tonight ...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭The Crunch

morana wrote: »

Are you not presenting the awards?!

Best grip and grin in an original mullet 2011...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Lads, is it black tie? I just assume it was initially and was going to dust off the tux but I saw photos from a previous year and it wasn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭The Crunch

Lads, is it black tie? I just assume it was initially and was going to dust off the tux but I saw photos from a previous year and it wasn't.

Nope, jacket and tie. Or skate shorts and a clever slogan t shirt if you're a mountain biker...

Advertisement