If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AV RECEIVER AND 5.1 SPEAKER PACK OFFER

Options
  • 07-11-2011 1:50pm
    Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Guys,

have a small number of Marantz NR1501 Slimline AV receivers that I would like to clear - so I'm putting them together with the spanking new Boston XS SE 5.1 speaker system - the pair did retail at £299.95 / £349.95 (£649.90 in total) - I'll do them for Boardies including shipping at £429 - ie £220 off!

Just drop us a PM or give us a call if you are interested.

Thanks as ever guys,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

What price for the receiver on its own John?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

What price for the receiver on its own John?

Littlered (Great name BTW),

£229.95 for the NR1501 on it's lonesome..

Keep me posted - they are in stock ready to ship,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭J@yK@y

Great deal John!
    However I already picked up the Marrantz NR1601 from the open box clearance last week. Very happy with it so far but need to get decent speakers now!

Any deal on just the Boston 5.1 speaker system? It would finish off the system nicely...
    Maybe something can be worked out if both littleredspot and I are interested in the two parts!

Thanks for great offer and service last week!
    All the best
    John

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

I'd also me interested in a price for speakers alone. I have a Denon 2309 that I bought from you sitting in my storeroom for 2 years now that I've yet to match with speakers...

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

Hi folks.

May be in Belfast at the weekend. Might be interested in the 1501 amp. Can these be picked up in-shop? or only a web offer? Also interested in LG 32LV355T led tv. Could you quote me for the two together ( and t.v seperate, as have to convince the other half of the merits of a new av receiver yet. but pehaps the right bargain price just might .....just...)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there.

We could do a limited quantity of 5 of the Boston XS SE packs on their own for £249.95 with delivery at £12.99.

ATB

Dave

J@yK@y wrote: »
    Great deal John!
    However I already picked up the Marrantz NR1601 from the open box clearance last week. Very happy with it so far but need to get decent speakers now!

Any deal on just the Boston 5.1 speaker system? It would finish off the system nicely...
    Maybe something can be worked out if both littleredspot and I are interested in the two parts!

Thanks for great offer and service last week!
    All the best
    John

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭J@yK@y

Hi there.

We could do a limited quantity of 5 of the Boston XS SE packs on their own for £249.95 with delivery at £12.99.

Thanks Dave, put me down for one of the sets. Will drop you a PM

Cheers
    John

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Hi there.

I'll take one in white please?

Hi Folks,

how does the marantz 1501 compare with the sony STRDH820? Is the 3d and audio back support on the sony make it a little more useful?
    Also is the marantz offer available in-shop?
    and can you quote me for 32lv355t if bought along with one of the amps.

brian

Pm sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 NBW

hi Dave

I would be interested in a white gloss set of Boston XS SE speakers and a silver Onkyo TXN509 amp including good speaker wire. Can you do me good deal here?

Thanks

Hi Dave

Could you price a silver Marantz NR1602 if you have in stock along with the offer you have on set Boston XS SE speakers at £249.95 (looking for these in gloss white). Also need speaker wire and delivery to Dublin.

NBW wrote: »
    Hi Dave

Could you price a silver Marantz NR1602 if you have in stock along with the offer you have on set Boston XS SE speakers at £249.95 (looking for these in gloss white). Also need speaker wire and delivery to Dublin.

NBW,

thanks for the post & apologies for the delay getting back to you...

...Nice system! - the NR1602 silver is only just coming into stock over the next week to 10 days I understand - I can do the two together at £739.95 including delivery- as with all Boardies when you buy your speaker cables or interconnects with a system we will do you 20% discount on the interconnects and cables - if you give me an idea of what length of spaker cable and sub cable you are looking for I'll give you a few options..

Thanks again and keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

John,

Saw you're online so hope I catch you. Sent you a PM on a different subject - could you give me a call (number included in PM)?

Cheers!

NBW,

thanks for the post & apologies for the delay getting back to you...

...Nice system! - the NR1602 silver is only just coming into stock over the next week to 10 days I understand - I can do the two together at £739.95 including delivery- as with all Boardies when you buy your speaker cables or interconnects with a system we will do you 20% discount on the interconnects and cables - if you give me an idea of what length of spaker cable and sub cable you are looking for I'll give you a few options..

Thanks again and keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc

Thanks for coming back...are these speakers and receiver well matched and will the internet radio work down south?

As for cabling, looking at 42metres plus 6metres for the sub

I'm not home weekdays to take delivery. Would you have a collection point in Dublin, otherwise I'd need to drive up and collect
    Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

Guys,

have a small number of Marantz NR1501 Slimline AV receivers that I would like to clear - so I'm putting them together with the spanking new Boston XS SE 5.1 speaker system - the pair did retail at £299.95 / £349.95 (£649.90 in total) - I'll do them for Boardies including shipping at £429 - ie £220 off!

Just drop us a PM or give us a call if you are interested.

Thanks as ever guys,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John,

Can you PM me a quote for the following:
    • Onkyo TXNR509 + Tannoy SFX Compact 5.1 Home Theatre or
    • Onkyo TXNR509 + Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS 5.1 SE or
    • Denon AVR1612 + Tannoy SFX Compact 5.1 or
    • Denon AVR1612 + Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS 5.1 SE

Thanks

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

@hadoken13,

I've deleted your duplicate post on the other "Sale" thread - please take a moment to read the Charter, we ask people not to post the same query in two threads in order to avoid confusion.

Ritz.

The Ritz wrote: »
    Mod Comment:

@hadoken13,

I've deleted your duplicate post on the other "Sale" thread - please take a moment to read the Charter, we ask people not to post the same query in two threads in order to avoid confusion.

Ritz.

No worries.

NBW wrote: »
    Thanks for coming back...are these speakers and receiver well matched and will the internet radio work down south?

As for cabling, looking at 42metres plus 6metres for the sub

I'm not home weekdays to take delivery. Would you have a collection point in Dublin, otherwise I'd need to drive up and collect
    Thanks again

Folks,

Could you come back to me about this please

Tks

hadoken13 wrote: »
    Hi John,

Can you PM me a quote for the following:
    • Onkyo TXNR509 + Tannoy SFX Compact 5.1 Home Theatre or
    • Onkyo TXNR509 + Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS 5.1 SE or
    • Denon AVR1612 + Tannoy SFX Compact 5.1 or
    • Denon AVR1612 + Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS 5.1 SE

Thanks

Same here - any updates or prices John?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭r0chf0rt

Is this offer still available?

Hey NBW.

Cable starts at 99p per meter and for a Sublink we do a 7.5m priced at £19.95.
    We could have your order shipped to the Philips Shop on Dame street for you to collect there if that would help things any better? Delivery would be £12.99

Hi R0chf0rt.

Yeah we still have a few of the NR1501 and Boston XS 5.1 SE packs I can offer at the deal price.

HI Hadoken13.

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

John has been very busy lately so please let me quote on his behalf.

Onkyo 509 + Boston XS 5.1 SE would be £589.90
    Onkyo TXNR509 + Tannoy SFX Compact 5.1 priced at £489.90
    However stock on the Onkyo is very very low at the moment so I getting one could prove difficult :(

Denon AVR1612 + Tannoy SFX Compact 5.1 priced at £479.90
    Denon AVR1612 + Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS 5.1 SE priced at £579.90

I hope this is of help.

Any further questions please let me know :)

Thanks Dave.

Very interested in either the Onkyo + Boston or the Denon + Boston. Not sure which one to get. Anyone have any of these that can offer a review?

@Dave: what would you recommend.

Edit 1: @Dave - just saw the CANTON MOVIE 125 MX on your UK website, now even more undecided as I think I would prefer these over the Boston ones.

Edit 2: @Dave - can you beat this package from audiovisualonline for the Onkyo + Boston + tons of cable for £548 (approximately €638+ €22 delivery):

http://www.audiovisualonline.co.uk/product/3523/boston-acoustics-soundware-xs-se-5-1-speakers-and-onkyo-tx-nr509-av-receiver-bundle-with-free-cable-pack-black-

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Hadoken13,

Unfortunately I can't PriceBeat Audiovisualonline as they do not ship to Ireland but if you let me know exactly what cables you are after, I will see what deal I can do for you.

Personally I think the AVR1612 and Boston SX5.1 SE is a much better sounding combination. The AVR1612 is a very smooth sounding AV Receiver which compliments the character of the Boston speakers. At the moment I only have our display AVR1612 in stock but could do this along with the Boston SX 5.1 SE for £550.

ATB

James

Hi Hadoken13,

Unfortunately I can't PriceBeat Audiovisualonline as they do not ship to Ireland but if you let me know exactly what cables you are after, I will see what deal I can do for you.

Personally I think the AVR1612 and Boston SX5.1 SE is a much better sounding combination. The AVR1612 is a very smooth sounding AV Receiver which compliments the character of the Boston speakers. At the moment I only have our display AVR1612 in stock but could do this along with the Boston SX 5.1 SE for £550.

ATB

James

Thanks James.

That's the total including delivery with deliverme.ie. So it looks like they are far cheaper than the Richer Sounds offer of €686 + delivery + cables.

What about the canton speakers? They are down on your UK site as the same price as the Boston ones. Are they as good or better than the Boston ones.

Hey Dave,

Can you provide a price for the Onkyo + the CANTON MOVIE 125 MX? Also for the Onkyo + Monitor Audio Vector AV?

I would rather go with you guys.

Cheers.

P.s. do you have any of these set-ups in the Phillips shop?
    Thanks Dave.

Very interested in either the Onkyo + Boston or the Denon + Boston. Not sure which one to get. Anyone have any of these that can offer a review?

@Dave: what would you recommend.

Edit 1: @Dave - just saw the CANTON MOVIE 125 MX on your UK website, now even more undecided as I think I would prefer these over the Boston ones.

Edit 2: @Dave - can you beat this package from audiovisualonline for the Onkyo + Boston + tons of cable for £548 (approximately €638+ €22 delivery):

http://www.audiovisualonline.co.uk/product/3523/boston-acoustics-soundware-xs-se-5-1-speakers-and-onkyo-tx-nr509-av-receiver-bundle-with-free-cable-pack-black-

Hey Dave,

Can you provide a price for the Onkyo + the CANTON MOVIE 125 MX? Also for the Onkyo + Monitor Audio Vector AV?

I would rather go with you guys.

Cheers.

P.s. do you have any of these set-ups in the Phillips shop?

Hadoken,

apologies for the delay getting back to you.

OK on the 1st system as a price beat (we don't normally offer a price beat against companies who dont ship to Ireland)

Onkyo TXNR509
    Bosto Soundware XSB 5.1 SE
    Cambridge Audio Symphony 100 Speaker Cable * 30 Mtrs
    Cambridge Audio Symphony 4MM Plugs (Pairs) * 3 Sets
    Cambridge Audio 300 .75 Optical Cable * 1
    Tech Sol NI 1.5Mtr HDMI 1.4 cable * 1
    Philips SWA3523 3Mtr Subwoofer cable * 1

Price including delivery: £547

The Canton Movie 125 is now a finished line for us (and to be honest I'd have the Boston pack every day of the week over the Canton!)

With the Monitor Audio Vector 5.1 I can do the following:

Onkyo TXNR509
    Monitor Audio Vector VW8 Subwoofer
    Monitor Audio Vector V20 Centre * 1
    Monitor Audio Vector V10 Satellites * 2 Pairs

£589.95

Thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John,

That's some brilliant pricing, thanks for getting back to me.

I think I'll go for the Onkyo + Monitor Audio Vector, can you PM a final price with the same cables listed below including delivery.

Thanks.
    Hadoken,

apologies for the delay getting back to you.

OK on the 1st system as a price beat (we don't normally offer a price beat against companies who dont ship to Ireland)

Onkyo TXNR509
    Bosto Soundware XSB 5.1 SE
    Cambridge Audio Symphony 100 Speaker Cable * 30 Mtrs
    Cambridge Audio Symphony 4MM Plugs (Pairs) * 3 Sets
    Cambridge Audio 300 .75 Optical Cable * 1
    Tech Sol NI 1.5Mtr HDMI 1.4 cable * 1
    Philips SWA3523 3Mtr Subwoofer cable * 1

Price including delivery: £547

The Canton Movie 125 is now a finished line for us (and to be honest I'd have the Boston pack every day of the week over the Canton!)

With the Monitor Audio Vector 5.1 I can do the following:

Onkyo TXNR509
    Monitor Audio Vector VW8 Subwoofer
    Monitor Audio Vector V20 Centre * 1
    Monitor Audio Vector V10 Satellites * 2 Pairs

£589.95

Thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

Hi John,

That's some brilliant pricing, thanks for getting back to me.

I think I'll go for the Onkyo + Monitor Audio Vector, can you PM a final price with the same cables listed below including delivery.

Thanks.

PM sent. :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.