If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AV RECEIVER AND 5.1 SPEAKER PACK OFFER

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

@RicherSounds - my Onkyo TXNR509 stopped working last night. The message "Check SP Wire" flashed up and then the unit turned off. I read the manual and it said to unplug everything from the unit and unplug from the power for one hour. I tried turning it back on but it will not turn on - it makes a clicking noise as if it is trying to turn back on. I read a lot of posts on the Onkyo sites and they suggest to return it to the retailer. Would you guys have any more information on this?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

hadoken13 wrote: »
    @RicherSounds - my Onkyo TXNR509 stopped working last night. The message "Check SP Wire" flashed up and then the unit turned off. I read the manual and it said to unplug everything from the unit and unplug from the power for one hour. I tried turning it back on but it will not turn on - it makes a clicking noise as if it is trying to turn back on. I read a lot of posts on the Onkyo sites and they suggest to return it to the retailer. Would you guys have any more information on this?

Hi Hadoken,

Sorry to hear about that :(

The only other thing you could do is just check your speaker cable out.  Just make sure there is no rips or anything. If you disconnect all the cables and power the amp on does it still stay powered off?

I've checked your account and you're still in warranty so if you can get the amp back to us we can have it sent back to Onkyo for a check up.

Chris

Hi Hadoken,

Sorry to hear about that

The only other thing you could do is just check your speaker cable out.  Just make sure there is no rips or anything. If you disconnect all the cables and power the amp on does it still stay powered off?

I've checked your account and you're still in warranty so if you can get the amp back to us we can have it sent back to Onkyo for a check up.

Chris
    Thanks for getting back to me Kenny.

Ye I've plugged everything out and it won't come back on - it just clicks and stays off. I'll check the speaker ports at the back of the receiver when I get home to see if there is any speaker wire in there.

Hi Kenny,

No luck. All speaker ports clear of any debris and still the receiver won't turn back on. What is the procedure for returning this item? Will I have to cover the cost of postage even though it is under warranty?

Hi Kenny,

No luck. All speaker ports clear of any debris and still the receiver won't turn back on. What is the procedure for returning this item? Will I have to cover the cost of postage even though it is under warranty?

Hi Hadoken,

Nightmare :(  Will need to come back to us then.

The amp would need to be returned to us and then we can send it on to Genserve who deal with Onkyo's repairs for you.

If you're just going to send it via post/courier our address is:

Richer Sounds
    7 Smithfield Square North
    Belfast
    Co. Antrim
    BT1 1FN

Let me know if you've any other queries.

Chris

• Advertisement

Hi Hadoken,

Nightmare   Will need to come back to us then.

The amp would need to be returned to us and then we can send it on to Genserve who deal with Onkyo's repairs for you.

If you're just going to send it via post/courier our address is:

Richer Sounds
    7 Smithfield Square North
    Belfast
    Co. Antrim
    BT1 1FN

Let me know if you've any other queries.

Chris
    Thanks Chris. I will return it as soon as I can - probably early next week.

Thanks Chris. I will return it as soon as I can - probably early next week.
    Hey Hadoken13.

No problem at all. We'll keep our eye out and for it arriving.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.