Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question about outdoor sockets.

Options
  • 07-11-2011 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭

Hey, is it ok to put an outdoor socket on a switch? i.e so that if I had some christmas lights on the socket outside i could just switch them off in the house where the other light switches are for the hall rather than having to go to the other end of the house to the board and switching off the rcbo. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Tandey wrote: »
    Hey, is it ok to put an outdoor socket on a switch? i.e so that if I had some christmas lights on the socket outside i could just switch them off in the house where the other light switches are for the hall rather than having to go to the other end of the house to the board and switching off the rcbo. Cheers

Yes its perfectly fine to put a switch on the feed to an outside socket. But it wouldn't be a typical light switch you would use. You would use a double-pole switch that can take the load of the socket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Yes, as above, 20 amp double pole switch would be the best setup.

Advertisement