Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are my rights?

Options
  • 07-11-2011 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I'm getting screwed around by my recruitment agent.

I am currently travelling with the company i'm contracted to. I have been using debit card to pay for flights and accomodation for the last two weeks. Well my account has now been drained. The recruitment agent, has yet to pay me my August payroll. They keep saying that I will be paid in a few days (For two weeks now).

I am currently in a foreign country without any means of paying for my hotel tonight.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭whatnext

Go straight to the MD / FD or as high as you can within the company, cant believe some one (both you and the agency) would let something run over 2 months over due.

Ask for funds (cash) to be to be transferred directly into you account.

As for your rights, all that should be in your contract and I'm sure the agent will be well outside their contractual terms for payment, ie in breach of contract, but going legal now wont solve your immediate problem.

Advertisement