Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicken Stirfry

Options
  • 07-11-2011 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Looking to make a chicken noodle stirfry tonight when I get home - just something simple

Just looking for some advice on what spices to add?

Was thinking I'll cook the chicken then add some crushed garlic, mixed peppers, black pepper and I was thinking paprika but said I'd look for suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

A good sprinkling of Chinese 5-spice & a splash of soy or oyster sauce wouldn't go amiss... A fresh chopped chilli or very finely sliced ginger are good additions to a stirfy too...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Ginger has greatly gone up in my estimations! Love using it.
    Soy and 5 spice go great together! Maybe a spoon of honey as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Thanks guys

Forgot to add that I'll probably fire in some brocolli and baby corn also

Soy sounds good alright must definitely pick some up tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

My quick 'n' easy recipe is as follows:

1 clove of garlic
    A good chunk of ginger
    Red peppers
    Green peppers
    Onion
    Chili flakes
    Oyster sauce
    A small splash of Rice Wine vinegar

I used to add soy sauce, but found it extremely salty. So the above is now a staple weekly recipe in our household.

Just fry up the chicken, add the garlic and ginger. Fry for a few minutes, add the peppers and onion, followed by the chili flakes and rice wine vinegar. about 4-5 minutes before you are ready to server, add the oyster sauce.

It's nice and spicy and very easy to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I didn't take a pic but I was very happy with how it turned out tbh - was really tasty

I browned the chicken then cooked it with:

x3 small cloves of garlic
    Black Pepper
    Ground Paprika
    Soy Sauce
    Red Pepper
    Green Pepper
    Yellow Pepper
    Mushrooms

I boiled noodles seperately then plated up the chicken etc. before frying the noodles for two mins just to soak up the juices.

Turned out nicely but they didn't have ginger and a few other ingredients like Brocolli in the shop last night so I'll work on it and see if I can make it better than that :)

Thanks again for all the tips guys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

mine constantly changes, but my most popular is

thinly sliced chicken or beef
    thin strips of carrots
    thin strips of celery
    sliced onions
    garlic
    sliced peppers
    thinly sliced chilli
    small florets of broccoli
    small dash of soy sauce( but i do find it salty and will try the white wine vinegar as TD recomends above)
    a good heaped teaspoon of curry paste
    some ginger if it is lying around.

i generally heap on the veggies here to try and avoid having to much rice with it.

i do something similar with prawns
    boil the rice in a pot
    boil the florets of broccoli in a seperate pot for a few mins
    dice the veggies and stirfry for a few mins, add the prawns, soy sauce and curry paste, fry for a further few mins.
    drain the rice and broccoli.
    add a small drop of water to the pan with the veggies and prawns add the rice and mix well ensuring that it is all coated with the liquid. just make sure that when you are adding the water to the pan that it only makes enough of sauce to cover the rice and veggies and not leave a pool of liquid at the bottom of the pan. you can also mix in the broccoli or serve it on the side.
    wuallah, your own special fried rice with prawns and broccoli or more often better known as a no.63:D

Advertisement