Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching from Meteor to 3

Options
  • 07-11-2011 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

I'm thinking of switching mobile provider and it seems really easy except I'm not sure if I need to give a notice period to Meteor to say that I am switching. I'm no longer in contract but still on bill pay. Do I have to give a months notice or pay them a month in lieu?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭jj92

Should have added that I was trying to get the info of Meteor but I was on hold for so long ........ eventually got through.... got put through to cancellations..... got talked out of leaving..... was told that 30 days notice is required but not sure if they will waive this or pursue it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

You don't have to talk to Meteor and I'm not even sure of the 30 days notice. You just walk into a retail outlet of the operator you want to change to and they handle the process.

It's called Porting.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Maental2000

jj92 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of switching mobile provider and it seems really easy except I'm not sure if I need to give a notice period to Meteor to say that I am switching. I'm no longer in contract but still on bill pay. Do I have to give a months notice or pay them a month in lieu?
    Should have added that I was trying to get the info of Meteor but I was on hold for so long ........ eventually got through.... got put through to cancellations..... got talked out of leaving..... was told that 30 days notice is required but not sure if they will waive this or pursue it.

I was in the same boat about 2yrs ago, was out of contract with meteor but still on bill pay & wasn't sure either if I needed to give them 30 days notice. I didn't. All I did was go into my local 3 store & they did everything for me. The same will apply here.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 iminireland

I would be very careful about switching to another provider called after a number because all they care about is number 1, and that ain't you.

If you have a complaint like when your wrongly overcharged, it can take weeks to sort out and might never get sorted. My experience to date is pretty bad, from getting wrong roaming information by text, then a few weeks later they cut off my phone with no warning while abroad and now they have overcharged for calls included in my plan, that is my saga so far and it continues! and I'm only with them about 8 months now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I would be very careful about switching to another provider called after a number because all they care about is number 1, and that ain't you.

If you have a complaint like when your wrongly overcharged, it can take weeks to sort out and might never get sorted. My experience to date is pretty bad, from getting wrong roaming information by text, then a few weeks later they cut off my phone with no warning while abroad and now they have overcharged for calls included in my plan, that is my saga so far and it continues! and I'm only with them about 8 months now.

The vast majority of people with Three are very satisfied customers. There are ,as is usual, dis-satisfied customers, and it is these you will find that post on internet forums. Three have no more than Voda or O2. Read their forums. OP, no matter who you are moving to, be sure to get a free sim from the local store so that you can test for signal quality in the areas you most frequent, before you commit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 iminireland

The vast majority of people with Three are very satisfied customers. There are ,as is usual, dis-satisfied customers, and it is these you will find that post on internet forums. Three have no more than Voda or O2.QUOTE]

Can you prove that 3 don't have more complaints than other providers? If your basing your statement above on the number of complaint posts here you should realise that 3 have a lot lower customer numbers/users. So if 3 have the same number of complaint posts as other providers that means they have significantly more complaints per user.

Your lucky if your happy and haven't had a problem. Myself and a lot of other people aren't so lucky.

Advertisement