Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hawke Eclipse

Options
  • 07-11-2011 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Any one here ever used a Hawke Eclipse 6-24x50IR scope? know if there any good? and what kinda money they are?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭De_Tomaso

I sold a couple of this scopes and for this money it is a solid purchase. The MRSP price is 289€ but you can expect some discount everywhere you shop. And for this money it is hard to find anything much better.

Maybe you should look also at Hawke Nite-Eye 6-24x50, it is newer but I have not found much time to test it against Eclipse SF. The main difference is also that Nite-eye has different cross (personally I like standard Mil-Dot more) and it is 1 inch scope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

De_Tomaso wrote: »
    Maybe you should look also at Hawke Nite-Eye 6-24x50, it is newer but I have not found much time to test it against Eclipse SF. The main difference is also that Nite-eye has different cross (personally I like standard Mil-Dot more) and it is 1 inch scope.

I have the Nite-Eye 6.5-20X50 AO IR scope with the mil-dot reticle.

It's absolutely fine for air-rifle/.22LR distances (ie: <100m) where you're shooting at around 10x and only using the upper end to guage distance, but I'd be slow to recommend it to anyone who'd actually want to make use of it at the longer end. It's not exceptionally sharp and it drops contrast something fierce.

Having said that, it's a great piece of kit for the price range - but you get what you pay for. ;)

Anything under 400€ on a real caliber rifles is a big compromise and would not recommend it. But on .22 lr rifle or air-rifle scopes around 200€ are perfectly OK.

In general the rule of thumb that the riflescope should be similarly priced as the rifle on which it is put on always holds.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 jmcp

I bought a hawke tactical 8.5x25x42, mildot last summer[I love summer in ireland it's my favorite day of the year] and I find it a great scope for the money. it has side focus which is good but the yardage indicator is not great. So I use the mildot as much as i can. i have tried the hawke BDC and dialed in all the figures but it does not match the range, I must be doing something wrong.

jmcp wrote: »
    I bought a hawke tactical 8.5x25x42, mildot last summer[I love summer in ireland it's my favorite day of the year] and I find it a great scope for the money. it has side focus which is good but the yardage indicator is not great. So I use the mildot as much as i can. i have tried the hawke BDC and dialed in all the figures but it does not match the range, I must be doing something wrong.

You are probably familiar with the use of a Mil-Dot reticle, but I am stilll posting you a link to a short text about this matter. Maybe for those who are new to Mil-Dot reticles, ranging with them and bullet drop compensation.

http://www.optics-trade.eu/shop/en/articles/miliradians/

Since I am not a native English speaker I will appreciate comments and suggestions regarding my errors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 jmcp

good site De-Tomaso,for anybody that does not understand mildot.

Advertisement