Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New TV 500-600 euro

• 07-11-2011 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Parents are looking at new TV's, their old Plasma is 8 years old at this stage and whilst still OK they'd like to pick up something new. Their budget isn't limited to 600 but it's what they really think adequate, their are plenty of screens out there in the 40" bracket for that sort of money, the question is - which one? They're torn between say, a nice 1080p LCD or a new 100hz Plasma...they do watch a lot of sports, for example. I've given them a few pointers but I figured people here would have a fair idea of what's best value for money. The criteria really is a 40" screen, and that's about it. They do watch a fair few HD movies as well.

Any suggestions? They gave me the model numbers of a few TVs but when I look online, all I can see are sites selling, and find it very hard to find reviews!

Advertisement