Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Class bf3

Options
  • 07-11-2011 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭

Do you play on my battle log i picked support and the more i use the m249 with a c4 and extended mag and just suppress the shot out of the opposition while my team member flank them its just so much fun, with the added steadiness from the bye pod playing as support is a lot easier and better then it was.. I've only been playing support the past few days but when you get stuck in.

Just curious whats your class or favorite class seems to be tons of engineers out there and no medics, tho maybe that will change??

Id just like to also say i just had a fail i clicked engineer compulsively instead of support :o

What Class 56 votes

Assault/Medic
    0% 0 votes
    Engineer
    28% 16 votes
    Support
    50% 28 votes
    Recon
    21% 12 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Depends on the map and what rest of squad is doing. Altho max and jigsaw got new tents on Aldi other day :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Depends on the map and what rest of squad is doing. Altho max and jigsaw got new tents on Aldi other day :(

:eek:I don't just stay in the one spot we move as a team ;) i just do my job...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Usually Assault/Medic, otherwise Recon depending on the map...an amazingly simple way to earn points is to keep throwing out medic packs in busy areas. The M416 is the main one I use...

Although if there does happen to be a sudden surge of tanks of APCs, I may switch to Engineer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I'll usually start as Recon and find a nice clear view of an objective to attack/defend.
    As the game progresses I may move to another class.
    I love the challenge of sniping though, it's hard to beat in terms of fun.

Picked a guy out of a helo the other day, damn that was satisfying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Picked a guy out of a helo the other day, damn that was satisfying.
    Damn straight! There was a jeep coming straight for me in one game, and I just managed to snipe the driver and get out of the way, though I'm sure you die if they run over you anyway... :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Engineer for the most part, line the scar.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭lahcen86

People really need to stop going engineer all the bloody time. Try and use all kits equally, pick ones for the situation at hand. Go engineer at the start, lay mines all over the gaf, then maybe go engineer is there is a tank capping or something. Med and support are most vital IMO, the amount of times i've ran out of ammo and all these feckin engineers around spamming with RPGs.

Support have claymores which are very handy for blocking the path to flags and taking people by surprise. next time they return to that location you can bet they will be looking out for the claymore, so you have the edge in that respect too.

So just to reiterate..... pick the kit that is most needed at the time !!!!! Don't just pick your favorite kit cause you have a rocket launcher and loads of mines.

And remember please please......give out ammo and meds to team mates regularly, especially in busy combat areas !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Love the way the poll on battelog on which class has everyone going for medic, i wonder what its like now. I'd say 60% engineer.

Me i swap between, medic, support and engie, depending on the situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭johnners2981

Assault all the way, a good squad of assault players are basically unstoppable if they are working together. One or two go down, the rest take out the enemy and revive and keep on going.

Not enough people are reviving though, just running around shooting, I've nearly 300 revives but I probably have only been revived about 20/30 times.

Oh and support classes need to use their ammo boxes a lot more, I'm always running out of ammo and have to jump up and down in front of and shoot the support class people with my pistol to get some

lahcen86 wrote: »
    People really need to stop going engineer all the bloody time. Try and use all kits equally, pick ones for the situation at hand. Go engineer at the start, lay mines all over the gaf, then maybe go engineer is there is a tank capping or something. Med and support are most vital IMO, the amount of times i've ran out of ammo and all these feckin engineers around spamming with RPGs.

Support have claymores which are very handy for blocking the path to flags and taking people by surprise. next time they return to that location you can bet they will be looking out for the claymore, so you have the edge in that respect too.

thank you its happened to me hence why i stick with support or medic simply because there so versatile and media pacs and ammo boost the crap out of your over all score...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Assault all the way, a good squad of assault players are basically unstoppable

What's the best way to take down a tank as an assault squad?
    Is there a way to make you grenades effective against it?

I have most points with assault the f2000 is an overpowered gun.
    But I nearly always have to switch to engineer at some point as most people are clueless on how to take down armored vehicles. (eg. your pretty much wasting you time unless you are hitting them in rear.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭johnners2981

tuxy wrote: »
    What's the best way to take down a tank as an assault squad?
    Is there a way to make you grenades effective against it?

I have most points with assault the f2000 is an overpowered gun.
    But I nearly always have to switch to engineer at some point as most people are clueless on how to take down armored vehicles. (eg. your pretty much wasting you time unless you are hitting them in rear.)

I either avoid them, jump in another tank and take it out, hope some team mates get rid of it or as a last resort if its raping my team I'll pick engineer class and blow it up :)

My favourite gun is the m16a3, good fire rate, damage and very accurate. Don't like the f2000 its too inaccurate at distance but it is lethal in close quarters.

Was very disappointed with the an-94, they nerfed it pretty bad from the beta.

A squad with one of each is perfect as long as everyone knows there role.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

lahcen86 wrote: »

So just to reiterate..... pick the kit that is most needed at the time !!!!! Don't just pick your favorite kit cause you have a rocket launcher and loads of mines.

And remember please please......give out ammo and meds to team mates regularly, especially in busy combat areas !!

Engineer is probably the most effective kit in the game right now, definitely tops the other classes.

I'd stick Assault & Support just below, both reasonably good and the 2 classes I've played most so far.

After that comes Recon, like the proverbial facewart that no one really likes and about as useful in Conquest and Rush as an ice salesman in the Arctic.

Infa red scope its amazing aswell, you can have someone up high tagging people while you attack on foot, loving the tactical side to the game to be honest.

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Infa red scope its amazing aswell, you can have someone up high tagging people while you attack on foot, loving the tactical side to the game to be honest.

or just flanking people or if you a cheeky took dropping c 4 beside a sniper opposing team walking of and click :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Engineer to take down choppers, take out tanks, and shoot rockets point blank range at peoples faces.

Sniper to take down sneaky engineers.

Assault to revive.

The other class to piss people off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

engineer all the way , once you unlock the A-91 hes unrivaled:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Engineer all the time.

The engie base weapon is almost on a par now with the support\assault base weapons. It was always much weaker than the other classes in the other games.

• Advertisement

Engineers are everywhere at the moment, I suspect there might be a rocket v infantry nerf hammer on the way.

Rockets aren't that bad, only in enclosed area's and direct hits are they effective. They're nowhere near the gustav from BC2.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I tend to play Support, but if I see a lot of vehicle play, I'll switch to Engineer. Similarly if I see a lot of infantry action, I'll switch to Assault and chuck med-kits out to beat the band. I think the first thing any Assault or Support player should be looking to do is find a good location to chuck their "deployables" out and then join the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

Play support 80 % of the time, mostly tank hunting with c4 and resupplying my team, have suppression on so do a lot of that. Played some assault, but that was mostly for reviving and healing. Get more a kick out of the game helping my team

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I am working my way through all the classess.

I started with assault and just got my first star with him and am now working on engie/recon (45% on engie and 20% on recon) until I get my stars with them.

But I'll probably once everyone is done settle back with assault, just like the feel of the assault rifles.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

I mainly played Assault in BC2 but find it pretty useless in BF3, reviving usually gets you killed and not being able to run M320 and medic pack is lame when carbines are on par with your assault rifles :(

So engineer for me on vehicle maps and usually support on the others.

Went Recon to unlock the MAV but with DAO-12, that thing is hilarious! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

Usually everything but recon. Hating sniping in BF3. I always mix it up cause I have the know how on making the most of the class I use and unlike so many I know when to change to adapt to certain situations! Basically I'm a ride I mean savage at BF3!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

I have been playing 90% Assault so far. I want the F2000. Once I have that I will try out the other class. I loved being recon in BF2 but cannot get used to the crappy first rifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Carbines are definitely not on par with assault rifles when it comes to range. You can do a lot more damage and be a lot more accurate at 100+ meter ranges with assault rifles. I usually choose engineer for vehicle based maps and assault for infantry based maps. I haven't really played much of support or recon however, M27 was my fav weapon during the beta and I maxed out the support class then.

• Advertisement
Advertisement