Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westlife - Croke Park - June 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

shamu2new wrote: »
    Anyone know if this is sold out or if the ticketmaster website is just crashed - trying since 8am but keeps coming back with a search time under one minute then the no ticket message.....

sold out according to message on ticketmaster home page

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭thegoth

They have put on another date. Anyone know when it is ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

It better not be after this show! They promised this would be their last Irish!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Westlife have confirmed a second date at Croke Park in June 2012. Tickets go on sale next Friday 18 November at 08:00. Further details on the extra date will be announced shortly. Tickets for the band's first show at Croke Park on the 23 June were snapped up within minutes this morning by Westlife fans. Following the phenomenal reaction that saw large queues form at Ticketmaster outlets all around the country, an extra concert has been added which goes on sale next Friday 18 November at 08:00.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Westlife have confirmed a second date at Croke Park in June 2012. Tickets go on sale next Friday 18 November at 08:00. Further details on the extra date will be announced shortly. Tickets for the band's first show at Croke Park on the 23 June were snapped up within minutes this morning by Westlife fans. Following the phenomenal reaction that saw large queues form at Ticketmaster outlets all around the country, an extra concert has been added which goes on sale next Friday 18 November at 08:00.

Seems like a huge risk on the promoter's part.

I just don't see how Westlife could manage a second Croke Park when Take That together with Robbie Williams couldn't sell out two dates.

Like I expected, this "farewell" tour is a certainty for financial plot to disappoint thousands of fans and then come back with a massive reunion tour.

It would make no difference to me if they reformed or not but I can see why they are using this opportunity to cash in on two Crokers that they would not normally sell out on a studio album tour.

I doubt this second date will sell out but its obvious why they would bother.
    Yupik wrote: »
    It better not be after this show! They promised this would be their last Irish!

It won't be difficult, they would make more money by announcing the second Croker at a later date.

• Advertisement

karaokeman wrote: »
    Seems like a huge risk on the promoter's part.

I just don't see how Westlife could manage a second Croke Park when Take That together with Robbie Williams couldn't sell out two dates.

Like I expected, this "farewell" tour is a certainty for financial plot to disappoint thousands of fans and then come back with a massive reunion tour.

It would make no difference to me if they reformed or not but I can see why they are using this opportunity to cash in on two Crokers that they would not normally sell out on a studio album tour.

I doubt this second date will sell out but its obvious why they would bother.

It won't be difficult, they would make more money by announcing the second Croker at a later date.

It's on the Friday the 22nd! they kept their word... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 westlifeforver

Didnt het any tickets today apperatly they were sold in five minutes. Can somebody please tell me how this presale thing works for next week. Thanks :p

• Registered Users Posts: 86,635 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Didnt het any tickets today apperatly they were sold in five minutes. Can somebody please tell me how this presale thing works for next week. Thanks :p

You go on mcd's facebook page (when presale is announced for) and it gives you a link to ticketmaster to buy

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I think it will sell well because there will be lots of people from the UK will travel over to see the band play their final shows

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭westliferule

thanks a millon hope you get what your after

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

I was shocked this morning when I heard it had sold out in 4 minutes. So I checked ticketmaster and could find tickets no problem. Then, just 10 minutes ago heard an advert for the gig (the first, not the second one) so checked again and there are still lots of tickets available. This is a classic marketing tactic creating further hype by claiming it has sold out inr ecord time.

I agree with Karaokeman that it is very risky doing a second show. They would''ve been better of doing the Aviva as they have done Croker before. Since when did Take That/Robbie Williams not sell out though?

SB 08 was it the ticketmaster website you seen that trhere were tickets avaiable or where bouts was it?? WAs really dissapouined todday.

SB 08 was it the ticketmaster website you seen that trhere were tickets avaiable or where bouts was it?? WAs really dissapouined todday.
    Who thinks Westlife will do a third date????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Who thinks Westlife will do a third date????

It won't be in Croke Park - they only have a license for 3 concerts a year.

Maybe 02 than. The 02 is much better anyway I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cbear79

ssshhh123 wrote: »
    You have to pre order the album on the westlife website and they email you the code that's how my girlfriend done it the album is 9.99 and you pre order it from www.westlife.com not sure if everyone is getting different codes

I've pre ordered the album but haven't received a code :( Is it my order code? So confused!

MCD presale tickets on sale tomorrow at 12pm go to mcd facebook page

Do you have to be on facebook to get presale tickets coz Im not?

Do you have to be on facebook to get presale tickets coz Im not?

Yep and joined MCD page

Thanks Liz got my tickets Block 333 Row NN they any good??????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Thanks Liz got my tickets Block 333 Row NN they any good??????

Have never been near those seats but it's the bottom level quite near the stage.

croke_park_concert.jpg

Thanks the doctor199 have to be better than last time was 311

If anyone's ever been in Golden Circle in Croker before.. how does it work? :confused: Like do you queue with everyone else and get in separately or something else? :P

Grindylow wrote: »
    If anyone's ever been in Golden Circle in Croker before.. how does it work? :confused: Like do you queue with everyone else and get in separately or something else? :P

Hiya I've seen westlife there twice before I don't actually know I was always seated just ask the stewards workin there an they will tell ya sorry can't help

Hiya I've seen westlife there twice before I don't actually know I was always seated just ask the stewards workin there an they will tell ya sorry can't help

Ah I'm sure it'll be all done easily on the day.. so excited now!! :)

Ah I'm sure it'll be all done easily on the day.. so excited now!! :)

You should see them real well I'm on block 333 hav ya seen them before??? I've been 7 times

You should see them real well I'm on block 333 hav ya seen them before??? I've been 7 times

nope never seen them before! always wanted to, but none of my friends would go, have convinced them to now though considering it's the last concert! :D Listening to their greatest hits album with the past week non stop >_<

nope never seen them before! always wanted to, but none of my friends would go, have convinced them to now though considering it's the last concert! :D Listening to their greatest hits album with the past week non stop >_<

There brilliant live I've met them once yeah thus one should be good been there last I havent got album yet waiting for Christmas .......::

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

Oh I can't wait to see them :p Just awaiting my CD in the post now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

You Queue up with everyone else. Once ya get inside u get a wristband and on to the pitch u go! :D

Advertisement