Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westlife - Croke Park - June 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

petals wrote: »
    Dunno how long walk is from Connolly but if you're on the train you're better off getting off at Drumcondra.

In Manchester it was over at 11 again dunno what time last luas is.

It's at Midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Diamond_Ninja

Dunno how long walk is from Connolly but if you're on the train you're better off getting off at Drumcondra.

In Manchester it was over at 11 again dunno what time last luas is.

I've found out that it's about a 20 minute (brisk) walk from Connolly to Croker.

How far away is Drumcondra station from the venue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

I've found out that it's about a 20 minute (brisk) walk from Connolly to Croker.

Under 10 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Laura.Lee

I have never been to a concert in Croke Park. :o
    Do they serve alcohol during concert?
    Is it a very limited bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

What's the easiest way of getting to Croker from O'Connell street? Is there any Luas stop or anything nearby?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

I hope one of yee has a massive banner with the words PAY YOUR DEBTS.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Avox wrote: »
    What's the easiest way of getting to Croker from O'Connell street? Is there any Luas stop or anything nearby?

It's not that far of a walk from O'Connell street and there will be crowds going that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

Does anyone know if any park and ride services will be in operation for the concerts over the weekend? And if so, where from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭petals

it's like 5 mins walk or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 lightningga

Hi - has anyone going this weekend received an email from ticketmaster saying times of concert change, and gates now open at 430pm, fist act on stage at 5pm? Any ideas why? Also anyone know who support acts are and when westlife will be on stage!? All a bit late to be changing times when people have to travel to get to gig!

• Advertisement

Hi - has anyone going this weekend received an email from ticketmaster saying times of concert change, and gates now open at 430pm, fist act on stage at 5pm? Any ideas why? Also anyone know who support acts are and when westlife will be on stage!? All a bit late to be changing times when people have to travel to get to gig!

Yeah and that nobody is allowed queue before 4pm! I'm assuming it's because the cinema screening of the concert is starting at 8.30pm according to the website so presume the lads will be on about half 8 or 9 so supports need to be earlier?

Yeah and that nobody is allowed queue before 4pm! I'm assuming it's because the cinema screening of the concert is starting at 8.30pm according to the website so presume the lads will be on about half 8 or 9 so supports need to be earlier?

Thanks for timings update. Agree its going to be madness getting to Croke park for 5, esp those going on Friday when the city could be crazy with rush hour work traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

Shane Filan is deliberately avoiding his debts and the Irish taxpayer is paying his way,he is a sham.

Sappa wrote: »
    Shane Filan is deliberately avoiding his debts and the Irish taxpayer is paying his way,he is a sham.

Oh would you go away, this has nothing to do with Shane Filan, it's a Westlife thread. Go back to After Hours or something

What has this got to do with the concert?

Be gone..

I did some digging and sent a few emails. Got a response re the timing changes:

Please be advised that the show start is being brought forward to facilitate additional acts on the bill. Westlife will go onstage, as originally planned, sometime after 8.30pm. For further information regarding Westlife in Croke Park and for all the latest event updates please keep an eye on the MCD website www.mcd.ie

Hope this helps any of you going this weekend

I think I already answered this earlier in this thread if not this another similar thread. Support acts are Lawson, Jedward and The Wanted.
    Cinema listing says Westlife on at 8.30 in Manchester they came on at 9 but then Croke Park is in a residential area so they probably have to finish earlier. They finished at 11 in Manchester.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Your next post in this thread better be about Westlife's gig in croke park.

Any other kind of a post and you're banned.

If you want to reply to this post, send me a PM.

I did some digging and sent a few emails. Got a response re the timing changes:

Please be advised that the show start is being brought forward to facilitate additional acts on the bill. Westlife will go onstage, as originally planned, sometime after 8.30pm. For further information regarding Westlife in Croke Park and for all the latest event updates please keep an eye on the MCD website www.mcd.ie

Hope this helps any of you going this weekend

Half hoping they're finished before 11 so I can catch the last DART save me waiting on the nitelink :p

• Registered Users Posts: 86,635 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Half hoping they're finished before 11 so I can catch the last DART save me waiting on the nitelink :p

I think all gigs at Croke Park have to finish around 10.30pm as residents live nearby

• Advertisement

Glenn Cal has been added to list of support acts and times are supposedly as follows Glen Cal- 17.00-17.15, Lawson 17.30-17.55, Jedward 18.10-18.55, The Wanted 19.20-20.20, Westlife 21.00-22.50

Glenn Cal has been added to list of support acts and times are supposedly as follows Glen Cal- 17.00-17.15, Lawson 17.30-17.55, Jedward 18.10-18.55, The Wanted 19.20-20.20, Westlife 21.00-22.50

Who is Glen Cal? 15 mins in very short for any act is it not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

I say scrap Jedward and Glen Cal???? and give The Lawson and The Wanted a decent stint. Are the doors definitely opening that early seems to be different information all over the place.

Danniboo wrote: »
    I say scrap Jedward and Glen Cal???? and give The Lawson and The Wanted a decent stint. Are the doors definitely opening that early seems to be different information all over the place.

http://www.mcd.ie/listings/fg.php?c=2550302&ar=westlife-crokepark

Please note that there has been a change to the times for this event- Gates will now open at the earlier time of 4.30 pm and the first act will be onstage at 5pm. Patrons are advised to be in the ground at least 30 minutes before The main act goes on stage .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Looks like RHCP/Noel/Vaccines won't be the only ones playing to a half-filled Croke Park.

Glen Cal is Shane's brother in law. I'm probably not going to arrive until around 6 or 7 because I'm in the golden circle so I'll have a good viewpoint no matter where I am.

karaokeman wrote: »
    Looks like RHCP/Noel/Vaccines won't be the only ones playing to a half-filled Croke Park.

You're so out of knowledge with concerts if you think so. Westlife's 2nd night is at 80,000 sold and the second is almost fully sold too because unlike RHCP they actually sold well. Such a sad reason to come into a thread and just post that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

You're so out of knowledge with concerts if you think so. Westlife's 2nd night is at 80,000 sold and the second is almost fully sold too because unlike RHCP they actually sold well. Such a sad reason to come into a thread and just post that.

Maybe I'm wrong, or maybe ticketmaster's wrong.

I checked "Best Available" out of curiosity and it turned out Lower Tier tickets were still available for each date.

I checked "Best Available" out of curiosity and it turned out Lower Tier tickets were still available for each date.

Yeah production seats went on sale last week and they're the only ones left, too late in the game for most people to buy them now as they already have tickets.

• Advertisement

They sold out their first date ( well Saturday because it went on sale first) within hours of the tickets going on sale and only put a limited number of production seats on sale in the past few weeks.

If the stadium isn't full, it will be pretty near it and there's only a handful of acts that could do that for one night in croke park, let alone two.

Advertisement