Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westlife - Croke Park - June 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Diamond_Ninja

lizt wrote: »
    Glen Cal is Shane's brother in law. I'm probably not going to arrive until around 6 or 7 because I'm in the golden circle so I'll have a good viewpoint no matter where I am.

Oh right that explains it. Same here, reckon I'll go early enough although I could do without seeing The Wanted if i'm honest. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭tipper1

Anyone out there looking for tickets for this Saturday night, pm me. Seated - Lower Davin Stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,635 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Oh right that explains it. Same here, reckon I'll go early enough although I could do without seeing The Wanted if i'm honest. :pac:

They are big for a support act, looking forward to them myself

I'm hoping for a Westlife and Jedward duet :p

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I'm looking forward to the Wanted the most out of all the support acts. I saw them at childline before and they were really good. Jedward are really energetic but they don't sing live (which is probably a good thing :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭petals

Who is Glen Cal? 15 mins in very short for any act is it not?

Glen Cal is Shane Filan's brother-in-law. He supported them in England and is pretty decent.
    lizt wrote: »
    They sold out their first date ( well Saturday because it went on sale first) within hours of the tickets going on sale and only put a limited number of production seats on sale in the past few weeks.
    Hours? They sold that first gig in 4 minutes not hours!

• Advertisement

petals wrote: »
    Glen Cal is Shane Filan's brother-in-law. He supported them in England and is pretty decent.

Hours? They sold that first gig in 4 minutes not hours!

I was counting the pre sales on the Wednesday and Thursday as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Midnight211

What's everybody wearing to concert? We'll be on the pitch and its supposed to rain- typical!

I'm standing too - probably something lightweight and I'll bring along a rain jacket. I don't know why people get so dressed up for concerts. It's nice to make a bit of an effort but some people really go all out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 chatterbox321

I have a rain jacket too and might wear wellies, not sure if this is a step too far but it could be a long day in the rain?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Midnight211

Yeah I'll bring a top then a rain jacket, wellies are probably not a step too far! Sure we can wait to see how the weather is tomorrow anyways, I'm wearing comfortable old runners on my feet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DJKendo

Friend of mine in Dublin trying to sell 2 tix for Saturday if anyone is in late need of any.

http://www.buyandsell.ie/music-and-entertainment/tickets/dublin/vip-westlife-tickets-for-croke-park

It was on the radio tonight no umbrellas allowed only raincoats and wellies. Also anyone know if they'll allow the banners. if it's raining there's no point but if not Mr. Nicky always reads some

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fudge74

Glenn Cal has been added to list of support acts and times are supposedly as follows Glen Cal- 17.00-17.15, Lawson 17.30-17.55, Jedward 18.10-18.55, The Wanted 19.20-20.20, Westlife 21.00-22.50

Is this definite do you think? I had previously read that Jedward weren't due on until 18.45 so have organised transport around this time. I'm now wondering should we leave earlier..........:(

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

If we were leaving from Waterford, it'd normally take 2 hours to drive to Croker.. any one know how long we should leave for traffic etc? Ticketmaster says 3 hours but it seems like a lot and I'm confused :(

(For Saturday btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Here's to hoping the lads will rip off Take That one last time by bringing a surprise guest formerly from down under to perform with them.

karaokeman wrote: »
    Here's to hoping the lads will rip off Take That one last time by bringing a surprise guest formerly from down under to perform with them.

Westlife don't need Brian, whereas Take That need Robbie. Basically Take That are crap

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Avox wrote: »
    Westlife don't need Brian, whereas Take That need Robbie. Basically Take That are crap

Take That write their own songs and made two great albums as a four piece, I love Rob too but they still worked without him, and if Westlife do reunite in the future, their reunion will undeniably be influenced by Take That's.

Westlife do need Brian, they had 12 #1 singles with him in six years and 2 in eight years without him.

If we were leaving from Waterford, it'd normally take 2 hours to drive to Croker.. any one know how long we should leave for traffic etc? Ticketmaster says 3 hours but it seems like a lot and I'm confused :(

(For Saturday btw)

We're leaving Wexford about mid-day and leaving the car outside Dublin and taking the DART to Drumcondra, depending on where you plan on parking, I would leave it at 3 hours to be on the safe side!

It's going to be very confusing they have said that people aren't allowed queue before 4pm and the gates open at 4.30, no doubt there will be loads of people there before 4!

karaokeman wrote: »
    Take That write their own songs and made two great albums as a four piece, I love Rob too but they still worked without him, and if Westlife do reunite in the future, their reunion will undeniably be influenced by Take That's.

Westlife do need Brian, they had 12 #1 singles with him in six years and 2 in eight years without him.
    Westlife have written some of their own songs as well. I don't think Westlife's reunion or anything else they have done or will do in the future is influenced by Take That as well. Take That weren't the first boyband nor were they be the last you can compare but Westlife have always been their own thing!
    Fudge74 wrote: »
    Is this definite do you think? I had previously read that Jedward weren't due on until 18.45 so have organised transport around this time. I'm now wondering should we leave earlier..........:(
    I saw it posted on Gillian Filan's twitter so would presume so. I'd say the times will vary slightly on the night because it says westlife will be on sometime after 8.30 that leaves it very open like

Someone posted the setlist on a forum and I got all teary reading it how sad! :p:(

• Advertisement

We're leaving Wexford about mid-day and leaving the car outside Dublin and taking the DART to Drumcondra, depending on where you plan on parking, I would leave it at 3 hours to be on the safe side!

It's going to be very confusing they have said that people aren't allowed queue before 4pm and the gates open at 4.30, no doubt there will be loads of people there before 4!

Will the DART be running after the concert? :) and if so where could you park to get it into Dublin?

Will the DART be running after the concert? :) and if so where could you park to get it into Dublin?

Well we're leaving ours in a relatives house in Greystones, anywhere along the DART line really there should be free parking somewhere! The last DART south from Connolly is 11.30pm so I'll be pegging it back to Connolly after the concert, other option is the Nitelink from Westmoreland Street at midnight.

Have a nose as www.dublinbus.ie or www.irishrail.ie they'll tell you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

Question: If I go into the concert tommorow at half 6, would I be allowed come back out again at 7 to give my friend her ticket? Would they let me back in?

nommm wrote: »
    Question: If I go into the concert tommorow at half 6, would I be allowed come back out again at 7 to give my friend her ticket? Would they let me back in?

I think all concerts like this have a no readmission policy

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mimi310308

It was on the radio tonight no umbrellas allowed only raincoats and wellies. Also anyone know if they'll allow the banners. if it's raining there's no point but if not Mr. Nicky always reads some

MCD posted that no posters over A4 size are permitted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

nommm wrote: »

No

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Time are the lads expected on stage at?

Time are the lads expected on stage at?

Around 9ish.

A friend just uploaded a picture on Facebook and they got into golden circle with regular standing tickets? :eek: Hopefully they won't let regular standing in tomorrow night? :confused:

• Advertisement

A friend just uploaded a picture on Facebook and they got into golden circle with regular standing tickets? :eek: Hopefully they won't let regular standing in tomorrow night? :confused:

That shouldn't happen! You need to use your ticket to get a wristband for the golden circle... it's possible the steward didn't look at her ticket correctly maybe :confused:

Advertisement