Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westlife - Croke Park - June 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

lizt wrote: »
    That shouldn't happen! You need to use your ticket to get a wristband for the golden circle... it's possible the steward didn't look at her ticket correctly maybe :confused:

Not sure but she uploaded a photo and is like two people from the front, and they had GA Tickets.. must've just been a mistake or maybe GC wasn't fully sold out for the Friday :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Avox wrote: »
    Not sure but she uploaded a photo and is like two people from the front, and they had GA Tickets.. must've just been a mistake or maybe GC wasn't fully sold out for the Friday :confused:

AFAIK Golden circle tickets sold the quickest... Ah well, nothing we can do about it!

Anyone know if they sell any kind of food in Croker? :) By the time we get there, we won't really have time to get into the city to get something to eat :(

Anyone know if they sell any kind of food in Croker? :) By the time we get there, we won't really have time to get into the city to get something to eat :(

There will probably be loads of food vans around croker, the stuff in Croker is really expensive.

Stage times released above are seemingly wrong as Westlife have been on stage with 10/15 mins already :) Can't wait now. :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Any Westlife tickets for tomorrow ?? Looking for 2 minimum.

dodzy wrote: »
    Any Westlife tickets for tomorrow ?? Looking for 2 minimum.

There's loads on adverts.ie

One of my friends is posting spoilers on facebook :mad::(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

There's loads on adverts.ie
    Yeah, covering bases....adverts can be mad, as much as I love it. ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Good riddance to them, nothing more than a karaoke group.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Dcully wrote: »
    Good riddance to them, nothing more than a karaoke group.

Anymore posts like this and it's a one month ban.

lordgoat wrote: »
    Anymore posts like this and it's a one month ban.

If if makes you feel better work away, i wont be missing much.

Dcully wrote: »
    If if makes you feel better work away, i wont be missing much.

coming from the mod of racing sims, you must be an awful exciting person

coming from the mod of racing sims, you must be an awful exciting person

FYI i dont even play racing sims these days, im simply helping out the forum and have done for years.
    Try a little harder to offend next time, wonder will you get a warning too.
    I was having a laugh, some may see it as a troll post , if so fair enough i didnt mean to offend anyone.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

This ends now. Grow up a bit would ye?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Just on the way home now from arguably the worst concert I've ever been to.Westlife were absolute garbage!!

Staging for the show was awful and their singing besides Marks was pitiful.

Basically the exact same show as the last time they were in Croke Park and even sang the same songs by other artists like I Gotta Feeling and Sex On Fire and then there was them wasting 10 to 15 minutes on shoutouts.Yawn!!!

And anyone who says they compare to Take That makes me laugh.Take That at Croker last year was light years ahead of that last night.

Only saving grace was The Wanted who put on a tight show.

Went with hope of seeing the only true talent ever in the band Bryan McFadden turn up but alas he never did.

Will never go and see them again unless McFadden returns and anyone who thinks Shane Filan will be a huge solo star is off their tiny mind.He has no personality and zero charisma.Louis Walsh saying he's gonna be the next Michael Buble is the most laughable thing I ever heard! :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,635 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I have expected Brian to show up last night or tonight (did he maybe) person or on the VT while I am not Brian's biggest fan he was a part of the band and wrote some of their songs

It wasnt the best concert I was ever at, it was quite sad tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Just on the way home now from arguably the worst concert I've ever been to.Westlife were absolute garbage!!

Staging for the show was awful and their singing besides Marks was pitiful.

Basically the exact same show as the last time they were in Croke Park and even sang the same songs by other artists like I Gotta Feeling and Sex On Fire and then there was them wasting 10 to 15 minutes on shoutouts.Yawn!!!

And anyone who says they compare to Take That makes me laugh.Take That at Croker last year was light years ahead of that last night.

Went with hope of seeing the only true talent ever in the band Bryan McFadden turn up but alas he never did.

Will never go and see them again unless McFadden returns and anyone who thinks Shane Filan will be a huge solo star is off their tiny mind.He has no personality and zero charisma.Louis Walsh saying he's gonna be the next Michael Buble is the most laughable thing I ever heard! :pac::pac:

I agree with most of what you say, barr the Take That comment. I never said Westlife compared to Take That, I was using it as an analogy to show Take That for their song writing, changing varieties in shows, progression in their music are vastly superior to Westlife. Take That were better than Westlife were when they started off in 1998 and still are to this day. I know that having seen Westlife and Take That in both their four piece and five piece forms live.

The Wanted suck old donkey balls. They are seriously the biggest pile of muck that has ever graced British pop music, and I'd pay to never hear another song by them again.

Agree too with the part about Bryan, the most talented member in the group who was shun out for wanting what was best for their music, and that was a change from ballad-type pop songs, sadly never happened, but that doesn't matter any more as their 14 years end tonight.

I must have been at a different concert! I thought it was pitched perfectly. Brian chose to leave the group and the circumstances around that weren't the best. Realistically, they've been Westlife longer without Brian than with him!

The medley was brilliant, basically a medley of their medleys! The guys were so nice and heartfelt in thanking their fans and the whole thing was very emotional.

I think everyone was expecting it to be sad - it was their last concert ever...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I must have been at a different concert! I thought it was pitched perfectly. Brian chose to leave the group and the circumstances around that weren't the best. Realistically, they've been Westlife longer without Brian than with him!

The medley was brilliant, basically a medley of their medleys! The guys were so nice and heartfelt in thanking their fans and the whole thing was very emotional.

I think everyone was expecting it to be sad - it was their last concert ever...

Dont worry they will be back in a few years on the reunion tour

• Advertisement

Dont worry they will be back in a few years on the reunion tour

:rolleyes: Thanks for that really original contribution.

:rolleyes: Thanks for that really original contribution.

Its true though

That was undoubtedly the best concert I've ever been to.

Just home now, and I'm on such a buzz I can't even sleep. It was SO emotional, the speeches had the entire audience in tears, basically sharing their personal lives with us, because as they said they consider their fans "friends, as they're so close".

The ending where they all had to hold eachother up on stage because of how sad they were was just too emotional. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

watched in the cinema in mahon point. a lot of tears. brilliant concert:D feeling it was the end of an era for me last night, been following them since i was 14.

westlife forever!!!:D

karaokeman wrote: »
    I agree with most of what you say, barr the Take That comment. I never said Westlife compared to Take That, I was using it as an analogy to show Take That for their song writing, changing varieties in shows, progression in their music are vastly superior to Westlife. Take That were better than Westlife were when they started off in 1998 and still are to this day. I know that having seen Westlife and Take That in both their four piece and five piece forms live.

The Wanted suck old donkey balls. They are seriously the biggest pile of muck that has ever graced British pop music, and I'd pay to never hear another song by them again.

Agree too with the part about Bryan, the most talented member in the group who was shun out for wanting what was best for their music, and that was a change from ballad-type pop songs, sadly never happened, but that doesn't matter any more as their 14 years end tonight.

None of what I said was aimed at you as I hadn't read the other comments (till just there)

Just pointing out that there's a huge difference between Take That and Westlife live and don't get me started on musically cause Barlow has more talent in his little finger than the whole of Westlife put together.

Agreed about Wanted but they were alot better than Westlife which isn't sayin' alot.

I went as a concert fan so didn't see the concert through Westlife tinted glasses so gave my honest opinion of the gig.

Was a dreadful concert.

Way too much talkin' and way to many video clips as well at it.

The fact it was identical to the last concert at Croker too a few years back shows the lack of imagination in the band as well.

And with regards to McFadden he sent out love through Twitter by saying

"Sending love to my four brothers and there end of era gigs love you forever and so proud of what you and we achieved. Go out with a bang"

None of Westlife acknowledged it.

None of what I said was aimed at you as I hadn't read the other comments (till just there)

Just pointing out that there's a huge difference between Take That and Westlife live and don't get me started on musically cause Barlow has more talent in his little finger than the whole of Westlife put together.

Agreed about Wanted but they were alot better than Westlife which isn't sayin' alot.

I went as a concert fan so didn't see the concert through Westlife tinted glasses so gave my honest opinion of the gig.

Was a dreadful concert.

Way too much talkin' and way to many video clips as well at it.

The fact it was identical to the last concert at Croker too a few years back shows the lack of imagination in the band as well.

And with regards to McFadden he sent out love through Twitter by saying

"Sending love to my four brothers and there end of era gigs love you forever and so proud of what you and we achieved. Go out with a bang"

None of Westlife acknowledged it.

I thought the video clips were a nice touch, it covered their costume changes.

I'm probably seeing the concert through rose tinted glasses but it was everything I wanted for a last concert - all their major hits, a fun medley etc.

As regards Brian, I'd say their twitters have been going crazy over the last few days, it's possible they didn't see it! Or maybe they text him to thank him or even DMed him.

The Wanted were good singers. That's about all I can say about them, I certainly wouldnt be forking out to go to a concert of theirs.

I thought the video clips were a nice touch, it covered their costume changes.

I'm probably seeing the concert through rose tinted glasses but it was everything I wanted for a last concert - all their major hits, a fun medley etc.

As regards Brian, I'd say their twitters have been going crazy over the last few days, it's possible they didn't see it! Or maybe they text him to thank him or even DMed him.

The Wanted were good singers. That's about all I can say about them, I certainly wouldnt be forking out to go to a concert of theirs.

Ah fair enough as I can see your a huge fan.

I geniunely think they have a problem with Bryan but we'll never know for sure.

Wanted have a couple of years left in them before they disappear.They are muck.

Ah fair enough as I can see your a huge fan.

I geniunely think they have a problem with Bryan but we'll never know for sure.

Wanted have a couple of years left in them before they disappear.They are muck.

Id say less , maybe one more album since it looks like all the effort will be going into One Direction plus there will be probably another few "boy band" acts coming out of X-Factor each year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

With a load of Coldplay covers? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,635 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Wanted like One Direction have been able to crack the US so they will be around for awhile

Simon Cowell was thanked by them and he dropped them surely Brian deserved a shout out from the four lads imo

I do think they will unite in a few years maybe even all 5 of them they know fans will love it so more money for them

Advertisement