Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plastic for dog kennel door

• 07-11-2011 3:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Hi guys any idea were id buy this kind plastic strips for a dog kennel ?

Im looking for 55cm x 50 cm size. cant see it anywere.

with the cold nights coming in do use insulate wooden kennels?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

A sprip of lino might be perfect for you to keep some of a draft out, i did this last year but they pulled it off:rolleyes: reckon they like to see whats going on outside. I used to put straw in the dog house too and a bit of carpet but they just kept pulling it out and seem to prefer sleeping on the wooden floor. Just make sure the house is raised off the ground, put it on a pallet so air can go under it, thats worked well for me and the dogs are happy out even on the coldest nights

What dog is it for out of interest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

4 year old boxer. ye its the see through plastic i was looking for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭boxerly

I saw it somewhere but cant remember hehehe,could have been woodies or one of them places?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I'd put on a proper dog flap instead the plastic strips aren't very draught proof.
    If you get a dog flap that has the magnetic closure it will close nice and flush and the dog can still pop in and out no problems.

I've got one for the dogs shed and it's brilliant even in stormy weather it stays shut, I plan to fit them on their new kennels when they get them as well.

If the kennel is a good size you could put some insulation on the inside as well and then use marine plywood tacked over it so the dog can't chew on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Damokc

I used a clear plastic car mat.Made two long cuts and hey presto. The ones in the shops are ridonculasly expensive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

They are expensive but sometimes you can get the doors cheaper on free ads sites/papers they create a total seal to keep draughts well out.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TonyFella

blahblah06 wrote: »
    Hi guys any idea were id buy this kind plastic strips for a dog kennel ?

Im looking for 55cm x 50 cm size. cant see it anywere.

with the cold nights coming in do use insulate wooden kennels?

Hi this company will have what your looking for http://www.acrylicdesign.ie/

Advertisement