Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

making an offer on commercial premises

Options
  • 07-11-2011 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

I am currently looking to buy a commercial premises for a new business I am starting. There are 3 or 4 suitable properties in the area. In one or more of these the owners in my opinion are quoting me ridiculous values given the current state of the property market. I have not made an offer on any of these properties yet.
    My question is : Can I make any offer to one or more of these owners similtaneously even though I only intend buying one of them? I.e what is the etiquette for making an offer? Can you make an offer even though you really have no intention of purchasing (unless a low offer is surprisingly accepted)
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

randel wrote: »
    My question is : Can I make any offer to one or more of these owners similtaneously even though I only intend buying one of them? I.e what is the etiquette for making an offer? Can you make an offer even though you really have no intention of purchasing (unless a low offer is surprisingly accepted)
    Thanks.

You may have a problem legally .. ?? Contractually !! ??

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭neris

You can make an offer no problem and withdraw it. Your not under any obligations until you sign somthing

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

Make an offer subject to acceptance and give a definitive (short) time in which the offer will expire, explain that you are a motivated buyer and will be making an offer on another suitable premises. Competition is good like that.

Lowballing offers that you expect to be ignored for the sake of negotiation does make them less credible, I think you'd be better starting with a fair price and explain that you won't be moving on the price.

Advertisement