Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Browning Buckmark fail!

Options
  • 07-11-2011 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

So I noticed the sights on my Buckmarck didn't look quite right...on closer examination, part of the gun has literally broken off. Don't know how it happened or where the bit(s) went. But nothing happened to the gun...never dropped or struck with anything.

left.jpg

Browning were a bit of a PITA to talk to on the phone, but they're going to exchange the part for me. I'm not exactly blown away by either the quality or the customer service. I think I will trade up for Ruger soon :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

Thanks for the heads up.

GH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

That sucks, man. Are you dead set on a ruger?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

Hibrion wrote: »

If he isn't, he should be! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭firefly08

Ah no not dead set on it. In fact, I've calmed down a bit and I think I'll stick with it for a while anyway. I was advised to replace the plastic sight base with a metal one, apparently that is a well known weakness of these.

Then I was also reading here about a really simple and effective trigger job you can do on the Buckmark so that might be another reason to keep it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 the_doctor

firefly08 wrote: »
    So I noticed the sights on my Buckmarck didn't look quite right...on closer examination, part of the gun has literally broken off. Don't know how it happened or where the bit(s) went. But nothing happened to the gun...never dropped or struck with anything.

left.jpg

Browning were a bit of a PITA to talk to on the phone, but they're going to exchange the part for me. I'm not exactly blown away by either the quality or the customer service. I think I will trade up for Ruger soon :(

Ruger is more of a lateral exchange. Buckmark will send parts. You will discover that Ruger probably would NOT ship the parts. They want to install the parts at their handgun facility in Tucson, AZ.

In a stock to stock comparison the Buckmark trigger starts out considerably better. The cleaning on the gun is easier.

Both are $300 guns.

Bill

• Advertisement

I am not too happy with Ruger customer support. They have not replied to my last two emails at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭firefly08

I sent my broken part away to Browning today anyway...luckily I currently live only a few hundred miles away from their service centre in Missouri so I'm hoping for a quick turnaround. After reading up on that trigger job I mentioned, and the barrels and stuff Tactical Solutions make for the Buck Mark, I think I'm placated enough to give Browning a second chance.
    I am not too happy with Ruger customer support. They have not replied to my last two emails at all.

Yikes...that is pretty bad form. Is your Ruger broken? What model is it?

No, my 10/22 is fine. I was making an enquiry about the export version of the Ruger Gunsite Scout. I got a return email saying they would be contacting me in 3 days each time, but to date I've had no reply. I'm really not impressed.

I steered clear of Ruger when buying my pistol for this reason and because they are so damned difficult to clean. I went with a Beretta 87 T as I didn't like the feel of the buckmark either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 brainsmf

Buckmarck can anyone tell me where i can get a browning buckmarck .22 pistol magazines reasonably priced?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

Not sure of the price but Pat Cooke @ Hilltop has plenty of Buckmark stuff so no harm in giving him a call.

Dunno that you will get a "reasonable price" in Ireland - compared to other countries - but it may be all the same once you roll in shipping and duty.

B'Man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dax121

brainsmf wrote: »
    Buckmarck can anyone tell me where i can get a browning buckmarck .22 pistol magazines reasonably priced?
    i got 4 mags for my s&w model 41 from andean-inc.com posted to my door for a little over €100.
    they will only post up to $100 worth of stuff. but that will get you 4 mags as their $25 each

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 brainsmf

thaks dax121 il do dat so from andean-inc.com :)

Advertisement