Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

newly diagnosed underactive thyroid, help!

Options
  • 07-11-2011 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi everyone,
    I was recently diagnosed with an underactive thyroid, after about a year of symptoms (exhaustion, weight gain, thinning hair, dry skin, goitre etc).

Ive been reading previous threads which have been so helpful! I have been started on 50mg of Eltroxin a day. I feel absolutely terrible at the minute, completely exhausted and wanting to sleep 14 hrs a day plus naps (not possible with busy college and job). I'm just wondering if there is anything i can do to make myself feel a bit better til the tablets kick in?

I havent been able to run for months as too exhausted, but im willing to try anything! Also the side effects for Eltroxin arent great, tummy etc, I'd really appreciate anyones experience or advice?

Thanks a million!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

there's an entire thread on thyroid issues on the front page of the forum. please post your queries there rather than starting a new thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement