Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet charges 60€ to cancel when you're out of contract?

• 07-11-2011 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I hugely regret going with Magnet, but that's a long story that I'm not going to get into here. I'm finally eyeing the end of the 12 month contract period, and there are alternate providers that all make a lot more sense now.

However, googling for the cancellation procedure hit me with this little nugget: A cancellation charge of €60.00 shall apply to all cancellations. Is this actually legal in Ireland? Found it here: http://www.magnet.ie/index.php/Support/terms-a-conditions.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

inz wrote: »
    I hugely regret going with Magnet, but that's a long story that I'm not going to get into here. I'm finally eyeing the end of the 12 month contract period, and there are alternate providers that all make a lot more sense now.

However, googling for the cancellation procedure hit me with this little nugget: A cancellation charge of €60.00 shall apply to all cancellations. Is this actually legal in Ireland? Found it here: http://www.magnet.ie/index.php/Support/terms-a-conditions.html

It seems that way... dont remember reading it before which probably means that they introduced that after I signed in. Or maybe I failed to noticed that when I signed up for it...

I am not sure if that is for all their services or what... pretty lame in my opinion but well... it is there...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

It is infuriating that isps are allowed to publish undated sets of Terms and Conditions on their websites. All such T&C's should carry the date on which they were introduced and the previous Terms and Conditions (dated of course) should be readily available for reference.

It might be wise to email Magnet and ask them when this charge was introduced and how were customers notified of its introduction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

try checking the way back machine at archive.org to see the T&C from the day you signed up

Advertisement