Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Battlefield 3 Server

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Whats the story with the boards server? i added it but there is no one on????

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

jonny666 wrote: »
    Whats the story with the boards server? i added it but there is no one on????

If you join it they will come!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

popping onto it now if anyone else is up for a game!

Can we get this stickied please?

And can someone be given mod powers?

Its just that a lot of people are missing that we have a boards.ie server.

Also can the boards.ie platoon mods add this server to the platoon pages.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Would be great if it was always active!

• Advertisement

well I see it on all the time, but beyond me and wonderboy I can never get people into it.

Hence awareness is the key.

could try some weekly competition set up to pick up traffic?

the starcraft 2 forum did a sort of king of the hill tournament for quite a while that was popular.

Could do something similar with squad deathmatch for weekly tournaments?

Winner gets???

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

was on it with one other lad for about 10 mins on 2/3 occassions. Nothing developed.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

Would be interested in playing on it. Do we have a voice comms server? We could congregate there and play on other servers until we get enough people. I know Mumble has been mentioned, but I couldn't find the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

C.D. wrote: »
    Would be interested in playing on it. Do we have a voice comms server? We could congregate there and play on other servers until we get enough people. I know Mumble has been mentioned, but I couldn't find the details.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75374473

maybe add this post to the servers sticky or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    Winner gets???
    A free subscription to Boards. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Burgo wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75374473

maybe add this post to the servers sticky or something?

I'll rejig the sticky next week I think, the current has too much chat, and is PC specific as well. My current travelling is an obstacle though.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Quit travelling/work and become a full time moderator! Who needs money when you have satisfaction? :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

OK, you've had plenty of opportunity to make suggestions, so here's the way we're gonna run this server for now:
    • Boards.ie - Conquest - boards.ie/battlefield - stick it in your favourites :)
    • Game Mode CONQUEST64 (normal Conquest has only 32 player limit and we're paying for 48 slots - I'm happy to change if necessary)
    • Player Limit 48
    • AutoBalance ON
    • Friendly Fire OFF
    • Regenerate Health OFF
    • KillCam OFF
    • MiniMap ON
    • Mini Map Spotting ON
    • HUD ON
    • Cross Hair ON
    • 3D Spotting ON
    • Name Tag ON
    • 3rd Person Vehical Cam ON
    • Vehical Spawn ON
    • Only Spawn on Squad Leaders ON

I'm also going to make it "start with 2 players" so people can grab a friend and get some practice in with aircraft and stuff like that. I know I need it having successfully planted a helicopter into the side of a mountain 2 or 3 times this weekend :)

I also want to let everyone know about the Mumble Server - details are mumble://85.236.100.59:17187 It's a 64 slot server, so plenty of room for everyone playing and a few hangers on :)

I really hope we can get some people playing on this server, it took a lot for me to get the boss to agree to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Dav wrote: »

I really hope we can get some people playing on this server, it took a lot for me to get the boss to agree to it.

I should be around most evenings this week if there is poeple on

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Switching back to personal account - I'll be on myself this evening around 9ish I'd say. I have Batman to be playing too and my Assassins Creed just arrived earlier than expected and I won't let myself play that till I finish Batman :)

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

anyone gonna be on TS later for a few squad games?

I'm on the Mumble now and am waiting for someone to say "HELLO!" before hopping into a game on this server :)

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

Was on for a while there but only three people were on. I think we need a launch night to get more people aware of the server and invite the TIG players and other Irish clans. Some day this week preferably. Juust a thought :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

5 peoples in there now, soon to be 6. the more the merrier. if we get a few in now hopefully it'll stay full!

• Advertisement

There were a few of us on there now, was grand. I think I may have gotten the hang of jets, I'm still not very good with them though :) Helicopters are a slightly different story...

Shiminay wrote: »
    There were a few of us on there now, was grand. I think I may have gotten the hang of jets, I'm still not very good with them though :) Helicopters are a slightly different story...

Sorry Shiminay. I may have been dicking around outta boredom..not exactly concentrating!...then it went and crashed just before round ended! I'm not actually that terrible..

Don't worry about it, it was all for a bit of fun :)

Nice to see a few in there again tonight..20-30? Sad when they all disappear one by one! If only we could build a few steady regulars :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Certain maps aren't suited to conquest. Namely METRO, it is just 1 big chokepoint @ B.
    Should be removed from rotation I think

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Certain maps aren't suited to conquest. Namely METRO, it is just 1 big chokepoint @ B.
    Should be removed from rotation I think

Yeah ..... but it's a laugh if you only hit it maybe once a night .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

anyone gonna be on it later tonight.....
    add me - archetype04

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

b00m b00m! had a good few games tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Enjoyed a few games on here tonight...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Played this server for the first time tonight. Pretty good games

Advertisement