Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to live to surf? Milltown Malbay area

Options
  • 07-11-2011 7:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    Have to do 5 months work in Milltown starting in January.
    Anyone recommend any places to rent to take most advantage of the surf?

Im thinking Lahinch cause it has the sandy beach if the tide is too high (Im not a great surfer).
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Spanish Point just out the road from you, but it's a dodgy beach, so do your research if you haven't been on it before......

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Gingko

Dr Nic wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    Have to do 5 months work in Milltown starting in January.
    Anyone recommend any places to rent to take most advantage of the surf?

Im thinking Lahinch cause it has the sandy beach if the tide is too high (Im not a great surfer).
    Thanks!

Lahinch is best bet for you for sure for both surf and social life! Doonbeg beach near enough to Milltown Malbay can be good too. If tide is high in Lahinch be careful coming back in, many a man has hit the rocks!

Should have no problems finding a place this time of year. Also check out Moy which is close to Lahinch. There are places there to rent from time to time. Hope you get some clean offshore surf! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Tom Ghostwood

Rents are super cheap in Lahinch during the winter months. I know a few guys living down there & you can rent a house for 35e each p/week sharing with another person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Thanks Guys!
    Tom - where are those houses advertised? Nothing really going on daft...

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Tom Ghostwood

There is a bunch of holiday homes across from cregg reef I think. I can find out for defo from the guy was telling me. Also, a good mate of mine works for a forestry company & plants for a lot of farmers down that part. He was telling me theres a few farmers with houses for sale around the 150,000 range if anyone is interested.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

Considering the times we live in, 150k sounds steep for that neck of the woods.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Gingko

There is a bunch of holiday homes across from cregg reef I think. I can find out for defo from the guy was telling me. Also, a good mate of mine works for a forestry company & plants for a lot of farmers down that part. He was telling me theres a few farmers with houses for sale around the 150,000 range if anyone is interested.

Anyone that buys a property anywhere in Ireland right now is mental! Prices are still in decline and will continue to decline for 2012. And they know it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭rothai

FlashD wrote: »
    Considering the times we live in, 150k sounds steep for that neck of the woods.

For a farm of land and a house...they are giving it away at that price

Advertisement