Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Wifi

Options
  • 07-11-2011 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I just upgraded to a new 250gig slim because i needed wifi.I connected the xbox to the internet,it downloaded a bunch of my xbla games,and for some reason it disconnected to the internet.Now every time i try to connect to the internet it wont allow me,i have reset the router and xbox and it doesnt seem to solve the problem. Do any of ye have any idea how to solve the problem? I cant connect it via a ethernet connection. Its a UPC bb connection as well

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Are you sure your arcade games were not transferred from an older Xbox?

Have you enabled uPNP on the router?

Is the routers firewall on?

If it is it may have to be set to off to connect to Xbl.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Well will it connect with the router but not get online? Will it not connect with the router at all? If its the latter I would advise one very simple thing.... use UPPER case when putting in your WPA key. UPC use case sensitive wpa keys so if your rushing and putting in lower case it will not work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

I think my signal between the router and my xbox isnt strong enough..I have a spare router Similar to the one below. My bb is UPC.. Is it possible to set this router up and extend the connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

http://www.homeplugs.co.uk/ homeplugs might be a solution... it could just be the settings for the xbox though

but a repeater might help too yup

Advertisement