Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Cooler?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

well you won't be doing any overclocking on that board. its a P67 or Z68 chipset you're looking for. Asrock and MSI are IMO the leading manufacturers this Gen, but it all depends on how much you want to spend. €75 pus you at the ultra low end of the P67 budget. ill take a look at your options in a min.

then for the cooler, what's your budget and what kind of OC are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Markd250

As I understand, you can't overclock a CPU on a H61 motherboard. You will need P67 or Z68 for that.

Edit: ninja'd

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

Well if your looking for the best air cooling Be Quiet is probably the way to go. Its not cheap though! Your choice from the Irish sites can be limited as I found when I was looking earlier in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Feickin H series!
    Better?
    More expensive anyway ¬_¬

Budget of less than €50 (ish)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

If your going down the matx route would you consider the asus Maximus iv gene-z, good value board imo.
    The noctua dh14 is a cpu great cooler as well.

Edit: Just spotted your budget, never mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

My good good friend aidankkk has offered me an Asus Sabretooth P67. So if all goes as planned that'll be my new mobo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

My good good friend aidankkk has offered me an Asus Sabretooth P67. So if all goes as planned that'll be my new mobo.

Very nice, good luck with the build.

Advertisement