Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So I re-installed quake today.

Options
  • 07-11-2011 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭

After much rummaging about, I found the cd (along with malice mod and q-zone map pack). Why? This video. At the very least it will put a small smile on your face.
    http://www.kontraband.com/videos/28931/Quake-Reboot/#show
    Yes, I know there is a quake forum.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

The original upload from the author, without ads: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1ZtBCpo0eU

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

OMFG
    OH MY ****ING GOD

MALICE

as soon as I saw that word in the OP I had a series of images flash into my head
    i youtubed and.. jesus christ
    the memories are flooding back, I *loved* this when it came out
    so much.. so ****ing much

that scene at the start with the atm... how in the hell did I forget it.. i've only just been reminded of it and it already feels burned into my brain

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I remember picking up that pack for about 5 pound in game in cork.
    Malice with the minigun shotgun was absolutely awesome :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Ah, Malice. God be with the days when some gamers even considered a couple of medpacks per level and armour to be for noobs. Took me freaking ages to finish that game, but it was damn well worth it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

only places online I can see malice to get are on ebay... guess I'll have to wait a while before bathing in its nostalgic glory

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Always wanted to play Malice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

When I was your age, we rocket jumped all the way to school uphill, both ways...

I did complete the game but was never good at rocket jumping....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

For once, op is not a fag.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Quake is still probably my favourite ever FPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭zt-OctaviaN

Rock on E4M3, DM4 and the house of Chthon!!!!!
    (expects a chime in from Kharn, Trojan and TerraNova any moment now!)

Great memories of Internet Cafe lockins! 15hours of quake none stop with only sugar to keep you going, waiting for the bus to head home was interesting the next day, your posture would suggest your half expecting someone to strafe round the side of the corner shop brandishing a rocket launcher and red armour! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Falling asleep on buses after 10 hours solid, waking with a start... flinching, reaching for a mouse that's not there...strange times

Advertisement