Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition / Raffle for your Car

Options
  • 07-11-2011 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I was just wondering anyone could shed some light on this for me?

Basically, I am looking to sell my car but have found it quite difficult to get a fair price for it - and by fair I mean lower end of the average.

There is nothing wrong with it at all - no marks/scratches, low mileage, NCTd until next April etc. It's an 04 Megane but it's a buyer's market. There is a lot of competiton.

So, trying to think outside the box a bit, I was thinking of a raffle / competition of selling tickets for a random live draw.

I am aware of these raffles for houses etc that got stamped out due to various legalities but is it true that if it is described as a competition it is ok?

I would have T+C's which would protect me I guess - Draw would take place after X amount of tickets sold. If amount has not been reached by X date, 90% of pot will be drawn to the winner with 10% remainder covering promotion costs.

€5 a ticket for a chance to win an 04 car is not bad I think.

Can anyone share their thoughts on this or if you have heard of such ideas being squashed please do share also. I am just trying to sell a car fairly really. Not looking to scam anyone or make ridiculous profits. just a fair price for the car would be nice.

Cheers folks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭yutta

Easier and quicker to lower the price IMO.

You need to get a raffle licence from the guards.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Between the hassle of trying to get a license and just convincing people to purchase a ticket for a draw for an '04 car when there are draws and competitions elsewhere for brand new ones you are better off just dropping the price and trying to sell the car for a bit less.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Go to donedeal, price it the lowest. It will sell.

Much easier than a raffle etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

I looked it up already a few years ago... u will run into the legal side of the gaming and lotteries act..

Its more hassle than it was worth at the time if i remember.

Advertisement