Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

wiring an extra work light on truck

Options
  • 07-11-2011 10:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

hows it goin lads...
    i fitted 2 work lights on my truck on the weekend,just wondering does any1 kwn where i could wire it in2..i wired it to the radio and put a on/off switch but the light would only go on when i had the radio on ,and when i put the worklight off the radio went off...any help would be greatsmile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭mecanoman

Maybe wire it to the cigarette lighter live wire might be a better option.

(thats if you have one, noticed al;ot of newer cars/trucks don't though)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭O.A.P

celtic f.c wrote: »
    hows it goin lads...
    i fitted 2 work lights on my truck on the weekend,just wondering does any1 kwn where i could wire it in2..i wired it to the radio and put a on/off switch but the light would only go on when i had the radio on ,and when i put the worklight off the radio went off...any help would be greatsmile.gif
    I wired mine direct to the battery a few years ago via a fuse,relay and a switch in the cab. I got help from the lads on the 4x4 section at the time, I'm afraid I dont know how to link to that thread its called work lamps I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

O.A.P wrote: »
    I wired mine direct to the battery a few years ago via a fuse,relay and a switch in the cab. I got help from the lads on the 4x4 section at the time
    Do it this way celtic. Dunno if trucks have a warning buzzer for when you've left lights on, but I'd tap into the sidelight circuit to control the relay (via a switch) to avoid draining the battery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 celtic f.c

thanks 4 d info lads gona try puting a relay on it the weekend:rolleyes:if i get stuck il b back on 4 some help:D

Advertisement