Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hannibal [NBC/Sky Living] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Load up on omelette and bring your friends.

Frozen blood, that'll do it. Oh, Hannibal, your winter crime scene hat - that's a meme right there.

Student of predators and successful example of treating mental illness - indeed. The Margot Verger and Will interaction, character reference, was very good. It is the most intimate and therapeutic moments, not the forensic checks, where Hannibal is most under the microscope.

Even Stevens...

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

Honestly found that to be the most terrifying episode yet. My heart was racing towards the end! This season keeps getting better and better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

Wow. This show just keeps getting better and better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

Can I ask what channel you are looking at to see this program?
    It's not back until May on sky. Can you view it on the internet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Always found him a terribly wooden actor tbh.

There was talk that he'd been written out of the show for being pretty insufferable on set.

I prefer the phrase “dead behind the eyes”, it worked brilliantly for his character in Boardwalk
    (apart from Michael Shannon, he was the best thing about that show in S1 & 2 and it lacked for a while after his departure until other characters developed more)
    and the movie Funny Games. He is well capable of bringing a uniquely creepy Mason Verger into this show. They are certainly building up his entrance as well.

Also, lots of actors are reportedly c*nts, but like musicians, footballers, writers, I don’t usually give a f*ck if they entertain me.

Apart from True Detective and Game of Thrones, this is the best thing on TV at the moment. Huge potential with Fuller’s plans to bring in Starling at some point, and quite possible Buffulo Bill and the Tooth Fairy.
    I’ll be well pi$$ed if they cancel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

What do people think of Mikkelsen's performance compared to Hopkins?
    I know Hopkins has been accused of being campy, but I suppose you could argue that as he has been captured he is toying with everyone.
    I think Mikkelsen could play up the charm angle more, but he is excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Ipso wrote: »
    I know Hopkins has been accused of being campy, but I suppose you could argue that as he has been captured he is toying with everyone.

I think he's pretty good- he's not as powerful as Hopkins Hannibal in Silence of the Lambs but more intense (and less campy) than Hopkins acting in the film Hannibal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Mikkelson is amazing, couldnt have picked anyone more suitable IMO.
    Dancy is no slouch either...

Can't see this getting cancelled , its probably the best show out there at the moment.

Would be gutted (excuse the pun) if it did..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

not sure what is happeninng

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭SHANAbert

Great episode. My favourite so far I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

I'm a bit confused.. Is will playing along to catch hannibal out or is he being changed by hannibal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Its a great show for sure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

SHANAbert wrote: »
    Great episode. My favourite so far I think.

It was probably my least favourite. I thought it was a mess.

And could they please f*ck off with all things deer and antlers! ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Maybe a little indulgent for my tastes.

Suitably disgusting pose for Randall, then scene dance with Will, Jack and Hannibal.

And so the brother Verger. Plus, the whole hog! Again, Bloom's just there for a ride.

Boundaries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

not sure what is happeninng

Same here, I'm hoping Will is playing some sort of long con but I don't think he is. All signs are pointing to Will actually murdering Freddy and serving her up for dinner, which I'm not sure I can accept. It's all gone a bit mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Same here, I'm hoping Will is playing some sort of long con but I don't think he is. All signs are pointing to Will actually murdering Freddy and serving her up for dinner, which I'm not sure I can accept. It's all gone a bit mad.

Hannibal was at Freddie's place in his plastic suit, waiting for her.

Will definitely trapping Hannibal with this apparent murder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭NickD

Ipso wrote: »

I prefer Mikkelsen tbh, he feels more authentic. In my opinion he is more like Hannibal from the books.

I'm sure though that Hannibal has developed his tongue enough to be able to tell the difference between human and animal meat.

Hannibal was at Freddie's place in his plastic suit, waiting for her.

Will definitely trapping Hannibal with this apparent murder.

And the flaming chair makes an appearance next week. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

I'm clinging on to the belief that there is good Will pretending to be bad Will to catch Hannibal.

I think Freddie has gone off to a little shed somewhere for her own safety...compliments of Will......

The trailer about the baby threw me off a bit......
    and now a second baby to be announced tweeted by the Producer?? Alanah and Hannibal going to anti-natal classes??

The worlds gone mad!!....:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

The trailer about the baby threw me off a bit......
    and now a second baby to be announced tweeted by the Producer?? Alanah and Hannibal going to anti-natal classes??

The worlds gone mad!!....:(

The only way I can make sense of it is that Margot needs a male heir to her father's fortune before she kills her brother. Why Will went along with the whole thing considering he acknowledged her being gay and all is another thing entirely...

Some great lines in that episode;
    Only if I can choose my own pig, I always do!
    Do you want to slice the ginger?

The only way I can make sense of it is that Margot needs a male heir to her father's fortune before she kills her brother. Why Will went along with the whole thing considering he acknowledged her being gay and all is another thing entirely...

I agree with the male heir idea but I don't think Will was thinking that far ahead, he spent to much time imagining it was Alanah when they were doing the "business"....:o

I'm not sure Will would be a willing "sperm donor"....I think that was Margot's agenda...

Mason will be delighted and excited!!......;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Latest episode was great. Verger is a really interesting character. There is no way Will has murdered the reporter. He has fed Hannibal some of the last guy. Unless, as someone has said already, Will is tryin to frame Hannibal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

Wow ! dunno what time this airs in the US but they are pushing the boat out. some amazing gruesome scenes. visually striking.

• Advertisement

Heckler wrote: »
    Wow ! dunno what time this airs in the US but they are pushing the boat out. some amazing gruesome scenes. visually striking.

10pm Eastern Time :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I presume Margot will incapacitate her brother but not kill him so that she controls the family fortune. I was watching the film hannibal tonight and was wondering if the guy with the pigs in that film is the same character as Margot's brother?

It is indeed.

This guy has made some great montages. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The Freddie stuff was predicted by all last weekend, but this was the Vergers' episode. Mason is such a great character. Pitt does such a great job with the role.

2 to go.... :)

Poor birdie!

Certainly a few flecks of emotion we don't usually see with Dr. Lecter. Verger and the kid was just plain uncomfortable, as was the bullying and subsequent treatment of Margot.

At least Bloom's clawed back some credibility in the non-sex object department. Hello Freddie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

does that mean crawford gave Will a pass in killing (in self defence) and posing the beast killer

Somehow they keep managing to bring this show to another level - the scene with Mason and the kid was extraordinarily creepy, the one with Mason and Hannibal in his office was hilarious, and the last scene with Margot in it has to be one of, in not the most, disturbing things ever shown on network TV.

Quite apart from the actors, writers, cinematographers - whoever gets this show renewed at NBC should have a statue built in their honour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I'm amazed how well they're doing Mason, I thought he'd be a tough character to portray on tv, given he's such an unbelievably sick puppy. Loving all the foreshadowing with his character, its actually making me giddy. :D

I nearly bailed on this show after last week's travesty but thankfully a return to form with this episode.

Mason
    doing the abortion on his sister
    had my mouth agape. American network TV pushed to its limits of censorship! Its great to see his full back story when only a tiny bit of it was seen/alluded to in the film.

A few questions:

What was with the cup? This show tries a little too hard to be cool sometimes :cool:

Why all the deers? Have we ever been given a reason? I wish they'd kindly f*ck off! ;)

And why is Mason being introduced to the show now? Doesnt the chronological order of the books and films go: The Red, Dragon, Silence Of The Lambs and then Hannibal?

I thought Mason didnt show up until the Hannibal film?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    And why is Mason being introduced to the show now? Doesnt the chronological order of the books and films go: The Red, Dragon, Silence Of The Lambs and then Hannibal?

Mason was a previous patient / victim of Hannibal , like the tooth fairy and buffalo bill.

horgan_p wrote: »
    Mason was a previous patient / victim of Hannibal , like the tooth fairy and buffalo bill.

But how will Fuller drag his character out for 3 years if the plan is to start the
    Red Dragon
    arc next year? (and, as far as I know, it is)

A few questions: [/B]

What was with the cup? This show tries a little too hard to be cool sometimes :cool:

Why all the deers? Have we ever been given a reason? I wish they'd kindly f*ck off! ;)

I assume you mean Mason's glass? He takes people's tears and adds them to his cocktails. The artsy way of showing it is just the show's style.

The Wendigos? They're just a representation of Hannibal and his evilness in Will's mind, and in the latest episode Will's supposed transformation.

Never read the books, and have only seen SoTL so can't comment on the last one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭NickD

A few questions:

The cup is featured heavily in the Hannibal, or Hannibal Rising book, can't remember which. Hannibal thinks that if a cup can put itself back together then time may be able to reverse itself and Mischa, his sister, can come back to life. She plays a huge part in how he became what he is, I am not sure if you want details and possible spoilers on that so I'll leave it at that.

Mason is introduced in the later books as a former patient of Hannibal's. As all of the books, except Hannibal Rising which focuses more on his youth, are set when Hannibal is in prison the tv show is telling Mason's story from before the books

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

I know Im way behind everybody else here, watching Hannibal on sky living and season 2 only started last tuesday. Holy **** though, that fight scene between Lecter and Crawford was amazing. I didnt know what I was seeing, I thought maybe it was a dream sequence or something, caught me off guard completely. What a way to open the new season. Rest of the episode was brilliant too. Man this show is the best kept secret on TV, I literally dont know one other person who watches it, which is a shame.

tunguska wrote: »
    Man this show is the best kept secret on TV, I literally dont know one other person who watches it, which is a shame.

Consider it your duty to spread the word, I got both of my sisters, my mother, and a couple of friends watching it just by raving about it constantly - they all love it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Consider it your duty to spread the word, I got both of my sisters, my mother, and a couple of friends watching it just by raving about it constantly - they all love it now.

I've tried, told pretty much everybody I know but nobody is biting. Although the same thing happened with Braking Bad and eventually they all came round.

Anyone else think Graham looked like the former Iranian president during the autopsy scene?

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Azwaldo55

Why all the deers? Have we ever been given a reason? I wish they'd kindly f*ck off!

There is a sculpture of a stag in Lecter's office.
    The stag in the dream sequences is a Wendigo which was a monster which appeared in the legends of Algonquian people of the US and Canada and indicated an intense craving for human flesh.

Can I ask what channel you are looking at to see this program?
    It's not back until May on sky. Can you view it on the internet?

Tubeplus

NickD wrote: »
    The cup is featured heavily in the Hannibal, or Hannibal Rising book, can't remember which. Hannibal thinks that if a cup can put itself back together then time may be able to reverse itself and Mischa, his sister, can come back to life. She plays a huge part in how he became what he is, I am not sure if you want details and possible spoilers on that so I'll leave it at that.

Mason is introduced in the later books as a former patient of Hannibal's. As all of the books, except Hannibal Rising which focuses more on his youth, are set when Hannibal is in prison the tv show is telling Mason's story from before the books

In the book and movie Hannibal, Dr. Lecter hypnotized Verger and persuaded him to cut off his face with a pieces of a mirror and feed it to some dogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Azwaldo55 wrote: »
    In the book and movie Hannibal, Dr. Lecter hypnotized Verger and persuaded him to cut off his face with a pieces of a mirror and feed it to some dogs.

I thought it was from giving him hallucinogens rather than hypnosis

• Advertisement

Can we put spoilers on anything from the book/movies please.

Advertisement