Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hannibal [NBC/Sky Living] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭SHANAbert

yes Im wondering if Miranda/Cynthia acted, he could have had a fake pasport but you think post 9/11 even that might not work

A person of Hannibal's intelligence and abilities would be able to arrange a stolen identity easily enough I would imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I see a parallel with Hopkins' Lecter and Jack Nickleson's Joker. A role a fantastic actor with an amazing range took on and excelled at. An accurate adaptation of a written character that won him a deserved Oscar.....

then Heath Ledger came along

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

duploelabs wrote: »
    then Heath Ledger came along

and won an Oscar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Joeface

I really am lost for words with this show. I not sure it should run for a very long time , I believe it could take from what is absolutely some of the best TV i have ever seen , No only the dialog but the way its filmed , its a visual experience as well as f-kedup who screwing who over. Finale just leaves you wanting more , very puzzled as to the cast for season 3.the max number of season should be 4-5.

also the show makes me hungry , Pretty sure master chef should take a look at the food presentation .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

SHANAbert wrote: »
    A person of Hannibal's intelligence and abilities would be able to arrange a stolen identity easily enough I would imagine.

This is implied in the book Hannibal. He also comes from a very wealthy background so that may make it easier.
    They also have ditched his sixth finger for this.

Can someone explain Hannibal's relationship with Will? He obviously doesn't "love" him, does he see him as a play thing or some one who must be under his control (like Reek in Fame if Thrones)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Tardful Slakerly

Ipso wrote: »
    This is implied in the book Hannibal. He also comes from a very wealthy background so that may make it easier.
    They also have ditched his sixth finger for this.

Can someone explain Hannibal's relationship with Will? He obviously doesn't "love" him, does he see him as a play thing or some one who must be under his control (like Reek in Fame if Thrones)

I thought it was clear enough that he cared about him. He was constructing a new and almost familial life with Will and Abigail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

I thought it was clear enough that he cared about him. He was constructing a new and almost familial life with Will and Abigail.

But he had no problem seeing Will in prison and he sent someone to kill him (or was he trying to get Will to have to kill again)!
    Mikkelsen has said that he sees Lecter as a fallen angel type figure who considers himself above everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Spoiler for next season (character fate related):
    Apparently Will isn't dead, Dancy said he'll be back, Jack possibly too.

Great episode but I kinda agree with the Variety article. It was ballsy way to go no doubt about it, but I'm disappointed that the player (Will) got so BADLY played in the end by Hannibal. It really made Will look like a complete amateur in over his head.

Ipso wrote: »
    But he had no problem seeing Will in prison and he sent someone to kill him (or was he trying to get Will to have to kill again)!
    Mikkelsen has said that he sees Lecter as a fallen angel type figure who considers himself above everyone else.

It's fair to say he had no problems with playing with people and would do things out of detached curiosity. At the stage we're at at the end of Season 2 with Will seemingly developing in the direction Lector desired there would have been aspirations toward bonding and creating ties, that's something that came to fruition after the games/hurdles between them.

• Advertisement

Spoiler for next season (character fate related):
    Apparently Will isn't dead, Dancy said he'll be back, Jack possibly too.

Great episode but I kinda agree with the Variety article. It was ballsy way to go no doubt about it, but I'm disappointed that the player (Will) got so BADLY played in the end by Hannibal. It really made Will look like a complete amateur in over his head.

Well he was. He wasn't a real agent of the FBI and he wasn't a real full on Lector-type either. He was very confused for most of it, hardly much of a hunter. More of a fisherman in over his head!
    I haven't read that article, but it sounds like per-conceived ideas weren't met, which I don't think is the most valid criticism when what we got was pretty fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just watched it now. When it got to the end, I realised that I hadn't breathed for the previous 5 minutes. Incredible.

Did Will know about his encephalitis as he watched the drawing he did burn of the mis-shaped clock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Did Will know about his encephalitis as he watched the drawing he did burn of the mis-shaped clock?

It was brought upon by Hannibal himself with some drug, Will knew that he was doing it to him. He figured it out when he was in the prison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I really liked this season but I do have some issues.
    I'm surprised at how weak all the female characters in the show were this season - Alana Bloom, Beverly Katz, Abigail Hobbs, the Gillian Anderson character, Margot, even Freddie lounds- all either dispatched by Hannibal, dominated by Hannibal or in fear of another male in the show. We had two near identical scenes of female characters not being able to use their guns effectively against an unarmed opponent (i'm sure at the gun range they told Alana how to check if there was any bullets in her gun).
    Also I thought that the idea of Abigail was living in a secret room somewhere in the house, while Alana Bloom was living there and didn't notice anything was a bit of a horrible horror film cliche.
    I'm excited by the show but I have to say I'm glad they don't have the rights to the Clarice Starling character since they only seem to write the male characters with any depth.

Abigail was kept downstairs, it's what Beverly Katz discovered whilst searching hannibals house before she got sliced

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Just watched final episode there now. Absolutely superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Solid_Shepard

It was brought upon by Hannibal himself with some drug, Will knew that he was doing it to him. He figured it out when he was in the prison.

Hannibal smelt the encephalitis on Will, but Hannibal was exasperating conditions by invoking the seizures and blackouts (which is what Will realised). Will would also have learnt of the encephalitis in the final of the first season when he's brought to the hospital and Hannibal comments upon the treatment.

Great interview with Bryan Fuller here, contains spoilers.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqfJHKjs6iw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Season 1 and 2 now on Canadian Netflix

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,566 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I really liked this season but I do have some issues.
    I'm surprised at how weak all the female characters in the show were this season - Alana Bloom, Beverly Katz, Abigail Hobbs, the Gillian Anderson character, Margot, even Freddie lounds- all either dispatched by Hannibal, dominated by Hannibal or in fear of another male in the show. We had two near identical scenes of female characters not being able to use their guns effectively against an unarmed opponent (i'm sure at the gun range they told Alana how to check if there was any bullets in her gun).
    Also I thought that the idea of Abigail was living in a secret room somewhere in the house, while Alana Bloom was living there and didn't notice anything was a bit of a horrible horror film cliche.
    I'm excited by the show but I have to say I'm glad they don't have the rights to the Clarice Starling character since they only seem to write the male characters with any depth.

It's a noticeable issue and one where the writing has been a let down. I didn't really have an issue with Anderson's character - she wasn't around that much and that's mostly because Gillian's been doing Crisis and The Fall. Lounds could certainly do with more depth. Bloom is perhaps the worst example. Her character drifted between being intelligent and relevant to sex object, briefly relevant again then back to sex object. She's a psychiatrist so doubtful she'd be armed ordinarily, but this is TV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

It's a noticeable issue and one where the writing has been a let down. I didn't really have an issue with Anderson's character - she wasn't around that much and that's mostly because Gillian's been doing Crisis and The Fall. Lounds could certainly do with more depth. Bloom is perhaps the worst example. Her character drifted between being intelligent and relevant to sex object, briefly relevant again then back to sex object. She's a psychiatrist so doubtful she'd be armed ordinarily, but this is TV.

Both Bloom and Lounds are male characters in the books/films and are limited to plot devices which is what they are here....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Finished it up this week and what a fantastic finale - especially, as noted, the last ten minutes. But hell was it bleak. In fact has there ever been a more downbeat dark ending to a season? Even worse than the Blake's 7 finale - Hannibal guts Will, slashes Abigail's throat in front of him to gut his spirit, leaves him bleeding to death and then walks out of the house with the rest of the cast dying in various parts.

An incredibly intense series and amazingly visual - quite arty at times. Very glad it got a third season as that would have been the most downbeat ending to a show of any that I can think of.

ixoy wrote: »
    An incredibly intense series and amazingly visual - quite arty at times. Very glad it got a third season as that would have been the most downbeat ending to a show of any that I can think of.

I'm very glad it got a third season too, but sadistically that ending would have been brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

I just watched the second last episode there and oh my god the scene with Verger feeding his face to the dogs... I don't think I've ever been so horrified in my life. In saying that, I thought it was also brilliant!!
    Can't wait for the last episode.
    I wish I could see this series ahead of sky like all ye seem to be able to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

I just watched the second last episode there and oh my god the scene with Verger feeding his face to the dogs... I don't think I've ever been so horrified in my life. In saying that, I thought it was also brilliant!!

Yeah Im in the same boat, I just cant believe how good this show is and literally nobody I know is aware of it. At times its like 2001: Space Odyssey, the surreal feel of it anyway. One thing Im confused about that is how Crawford was talking to Verger even though we saw Hannibal killing him in the previous scene?????
    Anyway cant wait for next week, we all know from ep 1 of this season whats been coming..........

tunguska wrote: »
    Yeah Im in the same boat, I just cant believe how good this show is and literally nobody I know is aware of it. At times its like 2001: Space Odyssey, the surreal feel of it anyway. One thing Im confused about that is how Crawford was talking to Verger even though we saw Hannibal killing him in the previous scene?????
    Anyway cant wait for next week, we all know from ep 1 of this season whats been coming..........
    He broke his neck, but didn't kill him. It's possible to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Hi Midnight,

I'll contact you when series 3 starts, it is so worth staying up late for!

Regards,
    GSW xxx :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

Hi Midnight,

I'll contact you when series 3 starts, it is so worth staying up late for!

Regards,
    GSW xxx :)

That would be brilliant!! Thx a million :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

Hannibal Season 3 Full Comic-Con Panel Video & Season 2 Gag Reel

Hannibal Season 4 Will Lead Into Silence of the Lambs
    Speaking at Comic-Con, Fuller noted that Hannibal Season 3 will end with the Red Dragon story, setting up Season 4 which – if renewed or picked up elsewhere – would lead into Silence of the Lambs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Watched the final episode last night - wow! As tunguska mentioned about, I can't believe how few people know about this series - it's one of the best things I've ever watched on TV. It's so dark and clever. The final episode didn't disappoint either and was open-ended enough that we were questioning whether there'd be a season 3, so I'm happy to see season 4 is already in the works!

• Advertisement

I missed the final episode on tuesday night.......its being replayed on saturday at 11pm but Im out with Mrs Tunguska all evening. Any links to where I can watch the season 2 finale?
    Cheers

Finally got around to seeing the last episode of Season 3..........Shocking stuff. From the word go you knew it wasnt gonna end well. And what a final scene, dont really know what to make of it. Amazing show, hopefully they can keep the standard high

Hannibal season 3: Red Dragon, Chilton's revenge and more
    Digital Spy has 8 delicious teasers for season three, which opens one year after that finale...

I'm trying to avoid them like mad!!!!....

Can't wait for the new series!... :)

I shouldn't even have clicked on the link
    as I would have assumed Will was a gonner!! Not that I'm unhappy about that as he's a key character, but it's difficult to see how he could have survived.
    We'll probably get it on Sky around April/May next year again.

SuprSi wrote: »
    I shouldn't even have clicked on the link as [snip - spoiler].

I'd sooner see it more possible for him to live then Alana or even Chilton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

SuprSi wrote: »
    I shouldn't even have clicked on the link as I would have assumed Will was a gonner!! Not that I'm unhappy about that as he's a key character, but it's difficult to see how he could have survived.

We'll probably get it on Sky around April/May next year again].

use spoiler tags man :mad::mad:

I'd sooner see it more possible for him to live then Alana or even Chilton

Regarding Chilton:
    Nah, Chilton's case is pretty straightforward. In through the cheek, out the back without any major damage done. Fuller even posted an xray of how it would work a while back.

Regarding Chilton:
    Nah, Chilton's case is pretty straightforward. In through the cheek, out the back without any major damage done. Fuller even posted an xray of how it would work a while back.

oh I know,
    apparently he's back with a gnarly scar next season
    in other news
    http://www.craveonline.com/tv/articles/751361-exclusive-will-hannibal-cookbook

• Advertisement

wprathead wrote: »
    use spoiler tags man :mad::mad:

Sorry, I saw spoilers in the title but didn't think properly about it. It's been corrected now.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭cynicalcough

Just finished this on Canadian Netflix, loved it. Can't wait for season 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,981 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Richard Armitage will join Season 3 in the role of Francis Dolarhyde aka The Tooth Fairy http://tvline.com/2015/01/13/hannibal-season-3-cast-richard-armitage-dolarhyde/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Not too familiar with Armitage so can't comment on his suitability for the role.

Disappointed to see Pitt is gone as I hadn't seen that news previously, though the introduction of Cordell sounds like Mason will still be a cracking role.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Not too familiar with Armitage so can't comment on his suitability for the role.

Disappointed to see Pitt is gone as I hadn't seen that news previously, though the introduction of Cordell sounds like Mason will still be a cracking role.

Wonderful actor imo. In Spooks he managed to play a tough but tortured/conflicted agent and knocked it out of the park.

Really excited to see him in this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Hurry up and come back!!

One of the best around atm

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,566 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Summer gig, folks.
    At the TCA (Television Critics Association) press tour today, I asked NBC's Robert Greenblatt about Hannibal and he replied, " I thought we had said this publicly, maybe we hadn't... Hannibal's going to be back in the summer. It's a show we love. It's been critically acclaimed by a few of you in the room, if not many. We love it. We also love summer. We have a lot of good and exciting plans for summer, including most likely Aquarius, we've been talking about Heroes [Reborn] and other things."

Source

Thanks for that link Black oil

The Summer??..... :(

Waiting longer to eat the rude, eh?

• Advertisement
Advertisement