Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Live

Options
  • 07-11-2011 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi all:

I didnt get to go to any events at Sligo Live, or read reviews.

What was it like?

Cheers and thank you:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭rocky raccoon

Not going to open a new thread but I really want to hear what people thought of Sligo Live 2012, particularly Van Morrisson. What was good, what was bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Van was good, he only played for about 1 hour 15 minutes with no encore.

He sang some of his new stuff first and then played his older stuff.

The venue looked well and the sound was good also.

dingding wrote: »
    Van was good, he only played for about 1 hour 15 minutes with no encore.

He sang some of his new stuff first and then played his older stuff.

The venue looked well and the sound was good also.
    I was there very Elvis Costello last year and the sound was good then too.

I was unable to get a ticket for Van. I'm glad you enjoyed him, from what I hear he can be a bit hit or miss live.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

The only complaint was the duration of his set, but this seems to be par for the course with Van.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Joan Armatrading was absolutely fantastic, great voice, great guitar player. Some great band/artists around the town too all weekend, I caught Graham Miley, a band called The Young Folk in The Swagman and of course or own homegrown Wayne O Connor who is always great to listen too.

• Advertisement

Plazaman wrote: »
    Joan Armatrading was absolutely fantastic, great voice, great guitar player. Some great band/artists around the town too all weekend, I caught Graham Miley, a band called The Young Folk in The Swagman and of course or own homegrown Wayne O Connor who is always great to listen too.
    Got to see Wayne in Osta, great gig. Just goes to show that Sligo Live is not just about big international acts and that there is some really good local talent around.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭itac

Got to see Wayne in Osta, great gig. Just goes to show that Sligo Live is not just about big international acts and that there is some really good local talent around.

Wish I'd gotten to see him, it's been too long since I saw him playing a solo gig!

Got to see BellX1 on Sunday night on their acoustic tour in the Hawks Well. They were fantastic, hadn't seen them since 2005/2006, and they played just the right mix of old & new songs. It was a friend's anniversary that day and they played In Every Sunflower just before their encore, which had me in tears and most of the audience captivated. (apart from the drunken muppets close to me who spent the first 2 mins of it giggling trying to record it, and then the last 2 minutes giving out about HW staff who were trying to stop people recording it:rolleyes:)

Aside from that, they had great banter with the crowd, and the mumbling as everyone left seemed to suggest that everyone had enjoyed them as much as I had!

Town didn't seem to be as busy as I thought it would be, but maybe I just wasn't out in the right spots...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

Seen rackhouse pilfer in the glasshouse they were excellent great bluegrass band and local lads

Hobbitfeet wrote: »
    Seen rackhouse pilfer in the glasshouse they were excellent great bluegrass band and local lads
    Went to see them The Snug on Monday, another great gig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

Just seen on their fb page they are in strand bar tonight

• Advertisement
Advertisement