Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

suitable lady needed for school run Dundalk

Options
  • 07-11-2011 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hi, does anybody know of a suitable lady in dundalk that would be available for school runs for the next 5weeks, starting monday?? good pay for suitable candidate.

i can't seem to find any classifieds online for people looking for work so have decided to post here. hope someone can help.

pm for more details, thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Have you tried a taxi? I'd be a bit worried about asking a random person to take my kids to be honest. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Have you tried a taxi? I'd be a bit worried about asking a random person to take my kids to be honest. :confused:

Looks like the poster has the "paedo fear". He/She wants a "Lady" not "someone". Most taxi men are male.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    Most taxi men are male.

Really?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

But you wouldnt be worried putting them in a taxi? Is a taxi driver you dont know not, as you say, a random person?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Dunny! wrote: »
    Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    Most taxi men are male.

Really?:D
    Lol! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Dunny! wrote: »
    But you wouldnt be worried putting them in a taxi? Is a taxi driver you dont know not, as you say, a random person?:confused:

No, you're right. I'd worry regardless. But at least a taxi driver is a "professional" in terms of it being his/her job to bring people from point A to point B for money, and if something happens, there's a clear chain of action you can take. As the son of a taxi driver, I can say that my Dad does these types of calls all the time (picking up/dropping kids to school), though he's nowhere near Dundalk so can't help much with a Dundalk run.

I was going to comment on the pedofear as well but opted against it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

A reputable taxi company would be certainly be worth a call.

Nowadays they vet all drivers and in some cases the drivers are uniformed etc.

Advertisement