Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about setting up nameservers / glue records

Options
  • 07-11-2011 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Hi there,

I have a domain with Blacknight and currently share a VPS somewhere else with a friend, but I have now setup my own CentOS 6 VPS and I was wondering what way I setup my DNS records etc with blacknight so that I can create a new ns1.myhostname.com and ns2.myhostname.com - I mean what do I have to do to set it up on this end I will have to figure out the VPS end myself.

Any help is much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

Hi Davil,

Please find instructions on how to update your domain's DNS via the Blacknight control panel here:

http://www.youtube.com/irishblacknight#p/u/29/_G52EoBUAVU

Give us a shout if you need anything else :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

If you need to create glue records based on a domain registered with us just email our support desk with the IP addresses and hostnames you need setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭davil

Thank you very much!

ok so I sent on all my details to blacknight, i.e. I want ns1.myhostname.com and ns2.myhostname.com to point to my new VPS IP - which I gave the guys on support over e-mail.

The next thing I did was point my own 'myhostname.com' to use the two nameservers given above... my own site eventually went down, but I never got to the new version on my new VPS IP.

I'm sure I'm doing something very wrong here...
    can anybody point me in the right direction?

I could eat an entire DNS book but as usual I'm trying to find the easy way out.

P.S... it's not really 'myhostname.com' but you get the idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Have you got a ticket open with us about this at the moment?
    If you can give us the ticket ID I can have a look at it and see if there's anything obvious

• Advertisement

it could be something I did, but either way I've requested the EPP code to move because your support is too slow to get back to me about such things. I'm moving to namecheap where I can setup my own glue records (I might learn something in the process)

Advertisement