Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC video output to TV - Picture cropping and black edges

Options
  • 07-11-2011 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I run a dual display setup on my PC with the main monitor being a Samsung SyncMaster BW226 running a 1680x1050 resolution via DVI and my secondary monitor (TV) being a Philips 42PFL9664H running a 1920x1080 resolution via VGA (DVI->VGA converter). I have a XFX GeForce GTX 280 with the latest nVidia driver version 285.62 on Windows 7 HP.

The problem is the picture on my 2nd monitor (TV). Even though the output resolution is set to match the TV resolution the picture does not match the edges of the TV. There are "black edges" on the left and right side of the screen. When the TV picture is centered to default position the "gap" on the right is the biggest - aprx. 50-150 pixels. Also there seem to be a part of the full picture missing on the left side and a little on the top. On the left it looks like between 50 to 100 pixels are missing. On the top it is 1-10.

I have tried altering the output resolution to make the picture fit the full screen of the TV, but to no avail. I have also gone through the TV setting to see if I can find a setting to fix this. I have the aspect ratio on the TV set to Unscaled and it seems it is the same as Widescreen(16:9) setting.

I have no problems when using other video input such as BluRay or XBox360 via HDMI.

Any advise on how to solve this or maybe just get closer to a resolution?

Advertisement