Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a phone from ebay

Options
  • 07-11-2011 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Hi all,

My husband really wants a Smartphone for Xmas and I'm really broke!

Was looking on ebay and I saw some Samsung Galaxy Aces on sale for under 200euro. All of the phones are from UK sellers and are unlocked.Sellers all have good feedback too. Have a few questions though.

If I buy the phone would it work straight away?Would I just need to put an Irish sim in it? Will internet etc all work fine too? Anything else I should be worried about?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭iDann

Yes it would,

but look at offers in Irish Network shops first, At the moment, O2 have the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play reduced from €500 to €159 and it's a Smarthphone and really fast and slide to the side for Playing games :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Or buy a genuine imitation phoneclone. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

As above xperia play is a great bargain.

If ya think he won't like a phone with a gamepad have a look at Samsung galaxy mini. Quite a good phone for the money.

Adverts.ie is also a good place to look. Lots of people selling unwanted upgrades and gift. Just make sure the sim works and phone is genuine before handing over any cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭greg_f

The xperia play is a great phone,and also all of the 2011 xperia range are going to get the first upgrade to android 4.0 ice cream sandwich which is going to better android ,sky go is getting released in the comming months,my word of advice is not to purchase on line as a lot of clones being imported and sold off as real phones,:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

You could look up reviews of the Acer Liquid Metal as it seems to have a better screen and a similar spec processor

• Advertisement
Advertisement