Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Found Lea Area of Portarlington

Options
  • 07-11-2011 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi one of my neighbours found this dog at her doorstep think it was Halloween night.No collar on dog just some twine looks like it may have escaped.I told her I`d take a pic and post it here to see does anyone recognise it.Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Hi Pat,

worth having a look at this Offaly thread and also another one here in Laois recently as you'll see some good contacts for airing the story. Midlands radio 3, Laois SPCA etc.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056430133

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

OP, I would be worth your while posting the picture in the Lost and Found thread in Animal and Pet Issues. Also, make your neighbour aware that they are legally obliged to inform the Gardai that they have found the dog, and advertise it in the area as found(stick a note up in the vets office and local shops) The vet will scan for a micropchip fre of charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

also u have to inform the local pound as by law, so ive been told, a dog has to do his 5 days in the pound. apperently if he doesnt the original owner has a yr and 1 day to claim his dog back. i wouldnt like a young dog like that to end up in the pound, for the simple reason you dont know if he is vac or not. and parvo can be rife in some pounds. i think sometimes a dog warden esp if they are full up will take your details and will let dog stay in your house.

Advertisement