Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Varying speeds

Options
  • 07-11-2011 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭

HI guys,

I was just wondering if ye could have a look at data for my connection. I have had broadband with ye for a couple of years now but lately im getting pretty shocking speeds. Around six in the evening to 11 at night speeds drop to 0.5 to 1 m/b this is in contrast to a usual speed of 5.5 to 6.0. I am aware that this looks like congestion but this didnt happen in the past.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

HI guys,

I was just wondering if ye could have a look at data for my connection. I have had broadband with ye for a couple of years now but lately im getting pretty shocking speeds. Around six in the evening to 11 at night speeds drop to 0.5 to 1 m/b this is in contrast to a usual speed of 5.5 to 6.0. I am aware that this looks like congestion but this didnt happen in the past.

Cheers.

Hi Divorce Referendum,

Can you PM me with your telephone and I will check out your broadband connection.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Divorce Referendum

PM sent, Thanks mark

Any luck with this Mark?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

HI guys,

Cheers.

Hi Divorce Referendum,

I checked your connection and sync/ speed, The speed to the socket seems steady over the the last week at 6-6.5MB.

I spoke to broadband support and they said it would be best to call them on 1890 260 260 when you have the drops in speed to run a few checks.

Can you try that and get back to me?

Thanks, Mark

Hi Divorce Referendum,

I checked your connection and sync/ speed, The speed to the socket seems steady over the the last week at 6-6.5MB.

I spoke to broadband support and they said it would be best to call them on 1890 260 260 when you have the drops in speed to run a few checks.

Can you try that and get back to me?

Thanks, Mark

No probs Mark cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement