Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted] 4 Weeks Accommodation - Dublin 4

Options
  • 07-11-2011 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping that somebody could help out with some (very) short term accommodation. I'm looking for a room in Dublin, city centre preferably, to rent for 4 weeks, and as soon as possible.

The problem with sites like Daft.ie & Rent.ie is that there are no places listed that will take somebody for such short term.

I have €300 for the month, and I'm willing to pay a €300 deposit up front as an insurance of sorts to any potential leaser, I'd rather not scrape that money together, but I understand why some people would feel they may need it! I'm working in Dublin 4 and will be walking to work most likely.

I have contacted several people who have rooms advertised on Daft and Rent, to see if they would consider leasing a room for a month while they continued to try find a tenant for longer term. Unfortunately no luck so far. I may have some luck if I was willing to share a twin room, but ........ I'm not up for that..

If anybody has any suggestions, or indeed, has a room themselves and could do with a few quid for 4 weeks rent (and you live in close proximity to city centre!), please get in touch either via this thread or private message,

Cheers,

Paul.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭✭heate

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping that somebody could help out with some (very) short term accommodation. I'm looking for a room in Dublin, city centre preferably, to rent for 4 weeks, and as soon as possible.

The problem with sites like Daft.ie & Rent.ie is that there are no places listed that will take somebody for such short term.

I have €300 for the month, and I'm willing to pay a €300 deposit up front as an insurance of sorts to any potential leaser, I'd rather not scrape that money together, but I understand why some people would feel they may need it! I'm working in Dublin 4 and will be walking to work most likely.

I have contacted several people who have rooms advertised on Daft and Rent, to see if they would consider leasing a room for a month while they continued to try find a tenant for longer term. Unfortunately no luck so far. I may have some luck if I was willing to share a twin room, but ........ I'm not up for that..

If anybody has any suggestions, or indeed, has a room themselves and could do with a few quid for 4 weeks rent (and you live in close proximity to city centre!), please get in touch either via this thread or private message,

Cheers,

Paul.

300 quid for a months rent with your own room is a little ambitious as such it may explain why your having no luck.
    A 12month share would cost you more than that per month.
    You may have to revise your budget! Or check out the Irishtimes they'd an article on acting as a guardian for properties that aren't traditionally rentable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Depends where you're looking OP, it is very difficult to find any room share for €300 a month in D4 and surrounds- that area is one of the most expensive in the city.
    Concentrate on outlying suburbs along the DART line. If you're willing to go as far as Balbriggan I'd say you can find a room for €300 and landlords willing to do a months rent- there's tons of empties around there. Commute will be 45-55mins on the train to Lansdowne Road and I think its about €6-8 or so return or cheaper with a weekly ticket.

Also register on Daft and put an ad up in the tenant database with your requirements. Landlords who are willing to faciliate you will see your ad and get in touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

€300 for a month is unrealistic if you want it to be within walking distance - you wouldn't even get hostel-type accommodation for that price.

While you might find cheaper rents further out, you would end up spending money on travel, unless perhaps you can cycle the distance.

If you are willing to spend your €300+300 deposit, it might be possible to do a deal with a hostel or B&B for 4-5 nights per week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Hi;I'm sorry for your trouble! I think Victor is really right on this one.
    If you have a job you might have some scope to speak with HR and explain your problem in terms or relocation difficulties & ask if they could perhaps arrange a once off hardship advance on this basis?
    Otherwise : I used live in BAllsB & there was a hostel there;large Georgian house on the corner up the road leading perpendicular from Millers pizza ( & Tesco) ( the Teaco just down from the American embassy) . You'd probably have to share a room but there's be no bills or deposit to worry about & you'd save on your fare to work.
    There are other hostels in town that would suite this price ; you never know you might be able to negotiate a smaller share ( eg 2 or 3) if you get lucky or negotiate a reduced rate on a single and put it on a credit card?

Both nov & Dec are 4 1/2 week months so mind this. Normally I'd suggest to check the local shops for private notices but you'd be well lucky to get something in that location on spec, particularly a few weeks before Christmas.
    Might be worth a try thou; the Spar shop up from Kylies used have a busy noticeboard ...

Best of luck .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Hi all,

Thank you for the responses. Walking distance for me is up to 60 minutes, not 15-20 as some may take it, I currently walk 45 minutes to and from work every day, so the room doesn't need to be in D4 at all. I'm in D3 at the moment.

Victor, thanks for the suggestion, but the whole benefit of a deposit as someone who is leasing is that provided you leave the place in the condition you entered, you get your money back... so this isn't a runner, but thank you.

Cash is very tight at the moment, and an advance from work is not possible. I don't get paid by the company, I am on the job bridge internship scheme. But thanks for the thought JustAThought.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement