Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

could xclamps have killed my pc mobo

Options
  • 07-11-2011 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭

not xbox related but im sure some will find it amusing here. basically my pc has been getting harder and harder to post, fairly certain at this stage the mainboard is shot, so i strippped it down and it has a propriatery cooling system, a heatsink held down by screwing into, you guessed it, an x clamp on the bottom of the board, now it is a better designed one that microsoft use, now it could be a coincidence but this machine has been turned on most of the 2 years its lived so it could be a co incidence, but somthing to think about.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Your probably better off asking in the PC Building forum, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=842

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Not console related, you'd find better advice in the forum linked above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

ah no it was just a bit of a mind **** when i noticed a clamp on the bottom of the board :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

X-Clamps are pretty common on motherboard heatsinks. Also, quite a lot of the "extreme" after-market CPU coolers use X-Clamps and brackets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

oops, my bad :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement