Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Parenting Ban by Orion.

• 07-11-2011 11:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭

Orion banned me from the parenting forum for a week.

I was initially given a warning for a misdemeanor where I admittedly crossed the line in my comment to another poster.

I acknowledged I was wrong, and held my hands up and said it would not happen again.

I then posted regarding a comment another poster had made.

Orion accused me of trolling initially, and then said my subsequent post was me continuing to troll.

I would like a category mod to investigate this,I PM'd him last night stating my case and received no response.

I wasn't trolling in either instance.

Whilst my initial comment may have been out of order I was punished for that and we agreed to move on.

I don't feel my second comment is an example of trolling, or merited me being banned.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I've looked at the posts and feel the ban is deserved.

The problem here is that, even though you might not mean it, your posts will anger and get a rise out of other people. Accusing someone of having an alcohol problem is very serious and getting on the high horse about someone smoking during pregnancy after they admitted that it was very hard for them to quit smoking but not hard to avoid alcohol is equally bad.

It's fine to have an opinion but personally criticising someone for being addicted is really not acceptable.

You can ask an Admin to review this if you wish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭horsemeat

Can I request an Admin to review this please.

Thanks.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I've checked your comments, which were argumentative and bordering on trolling.
    There is a way to get your point across without winding people up.

The Mod highlighted three of them and warned you to stop.
    You did not stop.
    So, you got a ban.

It is very clear cut and your ban stands.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement