Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long for Craft Cert ?

Options
  • 07-11-2011 11:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,

Just wondered if someone could tell me how long the wait is to recieve your craft cert ?
    I've asked my contact in Fás, but typical fas I cannot get a straight answer:rolleyes:

Also do you recieve notice from Fás that your craft cert is pending, or should hound them some more ? :p

Cheers.
    John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

john if you officially finished your 4 year apprenticship, get in touch with your local facilitator, tell them your going to aus in a month and you need your cert asap, she/he will tell you to come down tom the office, sign a few papers and you will recieve your craft cert along with a craft card there and then

stephen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 John1988

Cheers Steo..
    Just a case of hounding her it is !
    Its the only way you'l get fas to do anything for ya !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

jus tell them you have your flights booked for aus,

ur cert is just sitting on somebodys desk i reckon, they like to do a presentation twice a year for your cert,

mine was a few months away so thats what i said and i had it within a week

good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 John1988

Spoke with training advisor, and she said it will be febuary :mad:
    Also spoke to fetac who said its up to Fás to submit results to them.

She's was'nt very helpful at all, Adamant I will have to wait..
    That's Fás for ya thought i suppose :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

John1988 wrote: »

I was in the same boat. I told them a job depended on me having the cert quickly. It took about 2 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

John1988 wrote: »

2 Lads I know got there certs recently.Both got calls from FAS asking if they wanted their cert now or wait till presentation later in the year.Both said now and had them a week later.One was in june the other in october.

AFAIK the fetac committee only sits twice a year so if they dont have your full results when they meet then cant issue the cert

Advertisement