Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couple of contact numbers needed!

Options
  • 07-11-2011 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for a couple of contact numbers - first one is the "man with a van" who is based in Colooney - or someone similar to pick up a load of crap from the house & dump it.

Second is a plumber - someone who's good with heating systems, boilers etc.

Please don't post the numbers here, but PM me if you know anyone.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭P H A 7V T O M

These guys are epic. I have stuff moved I don't even need just so I can watch them work. They do little dances for you and everything!

http://www.menwithavan.com/

Based in Colooney. W0000t!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Star be careful with the Man with A Van types, when I moved into my new house I got some guys to collect a pile of crap from the garage. It turned out they illegally dumped some rubbish and my details were found on the side of a courier box.

The guys who did it disappeared and couldn't be contacted. Long story short, the Council were sound enough when I called in and explained what had happened. That was over 4 years ago, I remember it was a number from a Weekender ad I had seen.

These guys I think now have to be licensed, so if they are not then don't touch them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

These guys I think now have to be licensed, so if they are not then don't touch them.

Either that or make sure none of my personal contact details go into the back of the van!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭P H A 7V T O M

Either that or make sure none of my personal contact details go into the back of the van!

You can always count on Men with a Van.

They go that extra mile to ensure your day is fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

Star be careful with the Man with A Van types, when I moved into my new house I got some guys to collect a pile of crap from the garage. It turned out they illegally dumped some rubbish and my details were found on the side of a courier box.

The guys who did it disappeared and couldn't be contacted. Long story short, the Council were sound enough when I called in and explained what had happened. That was over 4 years ago, I remember it was a number from a Weekender ad I had seen.

Just wondering did the council fine you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Hobbitfeet wrote: »
    Just wondering did the council fine you?

I initially got a €150 fine through the post, I wrote out an appeal letter and called into the relevant person in the Council Environmental section. They were pretty sound and I didn't have to pay any fine in the end.

Advertisement