Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new challenge

Options
  • 08-11-2011 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

hi guys, i'm looking for a bit of advice.

How complicated is it to write something up which would take an image such as the following:

Target_image.gif

and allow me to click on any part of it with the following results:

1) a 'score' is generated from where I clicked; and
    2) a 'mark' is recorded at the location where I clicked.

Is this very hard to do in a web based environment? I'm looking for a new challenge and thought this might be interesting to do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

selana wrote: »
    hi guys, i'm looking for a bit of advice.

How complicated is it to write something up which would take an image such as the following:

Target_image.gif

and allow me to click on any part of it with the following results:

1) a 'score' is generated from where I clicked; and
    2) a 'mark' is recorded at the location where I clicked.

Is this very hard to do in a web based environment? I'm looking for a new challenge and thought this might be interesting to do.

Doing simple distance calculations on a vector, and also placing a marker on a absolute (or relative depending on the context) point is quite trivial, but do you need to do this in HTML? A desktop app?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭selana

something nested in a php page would be ideal.

selana wrote: »
    something nested in a php page would be ideal.

I have a nice html solution for this, but will post it tomorrow.

Thanks Giblet.

I presume its straightforward enough then to pick up the 'score' and 'mark' into a php variable?

http://www.mediafire.com/?iaj44194c7gwlmm

Draw a circle around the area you want to target. Could make it draw a shape on click too if you wanted.
    Some javascript hooks there to get your values. (Could be posted or whatever)

Works on Iphone too ;)

• Advertisement

thanks!!

Advertisement