Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy Days! Council house question

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ms. Captain M

Zamboni wrote: »
    A whole house for €411.66 a month?
    Nice.

Why is it nice? Where I live I could rent an unfurnished house privately for not much more, and I also have no landlord to call on when things go wrong/break down in the house. So your statement that the rents social housing tenants pay are immaterial is way off the mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Why is it nice? Where I live I could rent an unfurnished house privately for not much more, and I also have no landlord to call on when things go wrong/break down in the house. So your statement that the rents social housing tenants pay are immaterial is way off the mark.

I am sure we could have a lovely debate about our views or council housing but it would be off topic so I'll say no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Zamboni wrote: »
    A whole house for €411.66 a month?
    Nice.
    Post constructively please.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

This might be useful - I suppose furniture could be classed as an "exceptional needs payments", but they might only apply to white goods (washing machine, fridge etc). I don't know really, but these guys probably do!

Advertisement