Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom NGB 49.99

Options
  • 08-11-2011 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

A few months back I received a letter from ye saying NGB was on the way and it would be 49.99 per month.

So I went to the url in the documentation and entered my email address and ye said I would be contacted as soon as I was switched over..

After a while I was emailed saying NGB had occurred (no speed increase, yeah yeah.. too far from the exchange....) however my bill never decreased ?

I'm still paying the same

Do I only qualify for the 49.99 bill if I actually receive a bandwidth increase as a result of the NGB upgrade?

jayo99

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

jayo99 wrote: »
    A few months back I received a letter from ye saying NGB was on the way and it would be 49.99 per month.

So I went to the url in the documentation and entered my email address and ye said I would be contacted as soon as I was switched over..

After a while I was emailed saying NGB had occurred (no speed increase, yeah yeah.. too far from the exchange....) however my bill never decreased ?

I'm still paying the same

Do I only qualify for the 49.99 bill if I actually receive a bandwidth increase as a result of the NGB upgrade?

jayo99

Hi jayo99,

The broadband speed is never guaranteed I'm afraid. The NGB packages vary depending on usage as they are all "up to 8MB".

As the package is the cheapest broadband package available and as the broadband is subject to line or distance limitations as per broadband terms & conditions.

A deduction is not available to customers as they are not getting the speeds they were hoping for.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭jayo99

"As the package is the cheapest broadband package available and as the broadband is subject to line or distance limitations as per broadband terms & conditions."

Sorry Mark, but this sentence makes no (grammatical) sense to me?

"A deduction is not available to customers as they are not getting the speeds they were hoping for."

So, you're saying unless I receive a boost in bandwidth i don't get the reduction?

jayo99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

jayo99 wrote: »
    "As the package is the cheapest broadband package available and as the broadband is subject to line or distance limitations as per broadband terms & conditions."

Sorry Mark, but this sentence makes no (grammatical) sense to me?

"A deduction is not available to customers as they are not getting the speeds they were hoping for."

So, you're saying unless I receive a boost in bandwidth i don't get the reduction?

jayo99
    Hi jayo99,

Apologies, to clarify. The NGB (along with the standard broadband packages) is still subject to line, exchange or distance limitations.

The NGB will insure that the maximum broadnand speed available on the line will be provided.

The different NGB packages available are based on usage not speed as all NGB packages are "up to 8MB".

So I am afraid eircom do not offer reduced prices as the broadband service / speeds are never guaranteed as per broadband terms and conditions.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭ainiseoir

"So I am afraid eircom do not offer reduced prices as the broadband service / speeds are never guaranteed as per broadband terms and conditions."

This guy signed up and expected to get the reduced tariff. Surely he should have been put on that tariff regardless of the quality of the resultant connection?
    Or is my command of the second official language slipping?

Advertisement