Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coaxle/Satellite Cable in Galway

Options
  • 08-11-2011 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

Hi forum,

would any of ye know a place where I could buy Coaxle Cable for a Sky+ box. I'm looking for twin cable, approximately 15 meters.

I've gone to Maplin and they only have single cable and suggested I just get 30 meters and cut it myself and feed both cables into the PVR. No problem, Im well able to manage that but its gonna be pure messy though . Ran across the road to Woodies and they had nothing.

Seen a website tht sells it, but only in reels of 100 meters. This is a DIY install and I only need 15 meters.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭galwayfreak

flaherty markets are very good for that try there . and cheap too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

I got some from these guys. DIYDigital.ie

Fairly quick with delivery too. Think they based in the west too.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 theotherone

Any coaxial cable fro electrical supplies will do ask for 50ohm coaxe cable and 2 f connectors easy to install

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Costello and Gibbons next to Galway City Gym and Frends are very good for bits and pieces.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I got some in B&Q, I didn't need much. Expensive enough if you need a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

+1 for Flaherty markets,
    Never buy anything Electrical at B+Q
    Costello and Gibbons are very good to.

The twin cable is called Shotgun cable

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

If you need to buy a complete kit online including the proper '100' rated shielded cable then use tvtrade.ie or vanjak.com in Belfast.

B&Q sell cheap '100' rated outdoor low loss cable in short lengths, PF100 I think they call it. Well worth it if you only need 10-20m or so. That is all I would ever buy in B&Q though.

Advertisement