Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

odd behaviour! is it a spirit!! help!!

Options
  • 08-11-2011 1:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hey,

Posting on behalf of a friend.

In the past year or so a few unusual things have been happening in his home.
    Clocks been set to the correct time and by itself both hands spinning around!
    Lamp in the living room flickering on and off almost like a strobe light.. happened twice only for a few seconds,

More recently,
    smell of cigars has been detected in the kitchen, one morning and one afternoon..the house is a half mile from any other and no one in the house smokes.
    . and now the kettle flicks itself on at all times of the day witnessed by 3 different ppl on different occasions.

His wife woke one night to feel her leg been rubbed from her foot to knee while sleeping.
    he has been woken in the middle of the night by the bed side lamp putting itself on..

this is no mess or piss take, generally the guy is worried and not sleeping now. his 3 dogs go very quite now and then as if to be stairing at some thing and its more weird activity is starting to occur.

he is also looking into getting the house blessed and that but i thought id put this up here incase anyone else has had the same things happen them??..

this guy lives in duleek and a bit of histroy,
    the house is 50 years old,
    its belived a chiled died there from leukemia and another knocked down outside by a car..also an elderly woman died of natural causes.. he is there 7 years and only since last xmas has any thing odd happened.

Any one any suggestions or idea is this safe or what to do...

thanks for reading

Alan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

hey,

sounds like poltergeist activity but .i think some of this could prob be explained. but other things not so easily. i recommend getting someone in. you will find people very easily on this site to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 RufustheKing

dumbbell wrote: »
    Hey,

In the past year or so a few unusual things have been happening in his home.
    Clocks been set to the correct time and by itself both hands spinning around!
    Lamp in the living room flickering on and off almost like a strobe light.. happened twice only for a few seconds,

More recently,
    smell of cigars has been detected in the kitchen, one morning and one afternoon..the house is a half mile from any other and no one in the house smokes.
    . and now the kettle flicks itself on at all times of the day witnessed by 3 different ppl on different occasions.

His wife woke one night to feel her leg been rubbed from her foot to knee while sleeping.
    he has been woken in the middle of the night by the bed side lamp putting itself on..

this is no mess or piss take, generally the guy is worried and not sleeping now. his 3 dogs go very quite now and then as if to be stairing at some thing and its more weird activity is starting to occur.

he is also looking into getting the house blessed and that but i thought id put this up here incase anyone else has had the same things happen them??..

this guy lives in duleek and a bit of histroy,
    the house is 50 years old,
    its belived a chiled died there from leukemia and another knocked down outside by a car..also an elderly woman died of natural causes.. he is there 7 years and only since last xmas has any thing odd happened.

Any one any suggestions or idea is this safe or what to do...

thanks for reading

Alan

tell your friend to buy a digtal clock, the ones that read astmospheric presure(you know when it tells you its going to rain and so on) anyway on a dry day go around to each room of the house and see if it says it's raining then you know you have at least something. Was any building work done in the house to "awaken" the spirits? also try taking pictures and take videos and see if the batteries run down qucikly. they are people who study this stuff in ireland http://www.psi-ireland.com/node/35 and i am sure they will give helpful advice on the said subject. as agnostic atheist i find this stuff just fascinating and would love to hear more about this issue myself. but the happiness of your friend comes first and best of luck on this problem.

My mother knows a women who lives alone in a old boarding school, where there is supposed to be 2 spirits of children there. one girl and one boy. the children it is said that they have looked at the lady my mother knows, as a mother figure but the boy who is supposed to have been raped kicks any males that come into the house. things get moved around and stuff sometimes disappear for a while then get returned. the women keeps her secret "guests" secret due to embrassment. my mother plans to go there someday and i hope i will get to go as well even if i do get kicked.

i have heard of a few stories of ghost that are very wierd from people i trust.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Before jumping to conclusions, take a step back, some of these things can be explained straight off, the flickering lamp happens everywhere in the world, its to do with spikes in the electrical current, nothing to worry about. Electrical devices switching on could be a sign of old/faulty wiring in the house, the smell of cigar smoke could be old wire rotting and the exposed cable touching off something causing it to burn which is a fire hazard/rick. I'm not saying your friend is crazy.
    Just check out everything before jumping to conclusions. Your friend could be making the situation worse by worrying themselves over something that isn't even happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

dumbbell wrote: »
    Hey,

Funny stuff happening in house where somebody died. The usual.

thanks for reading

Alan

This sounds to me like you have a homeless japanese person who smokes cigars living in your flat. There was a case of this recently where a homeless japanese woman was living in someone's house. The owner searched and searched but he needed to install a surveillance system to find her. I'm not sure if she smoked cigars but everything else in your story fits.

I don't think that the dead people have anything to do with it because dead people usually don't have a body with which to touch people after a few years of decomposition. I've also never heard of anyone who was dead and in the ground for a few years coming back to life to play tricks on living people nor has it been satisfactorily explained to me why they would want to.

Homeless japanese people, on the other hand, have a record of this sort of thing. Check you cupboards, set up a web cam and if you like, you could throw some Odlums Self Raising flower around the floors to capture footprints. It's cheap and surprisingly effective. Having a priest bless the place won't do any harm but I don't think that it would do much good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Ziycon wrote: »
    Before jumping to conclusions, take a step back, some of these things can be explained straight off, the flickering lamp happens everywhere in the world, its to do with spikes in the electrical current, nothing to worry about. Electrical devices switching on could be a sign of old/faulty wiring in the house, the smell of cigar smoke could be old wire rotting and the exposed cable touching off something causing it to burn which is a fire hazard/rick. I'm not saying your friend is crazy.
    Just check out everything before jumping to conclusions. Your friend could be making the situation worse by worrying themselves over something that isn't even happening.
    I agree. Checking the wiring should be step one. It'd be a terrible shame if he were worrying about ghosts while his house caught fire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Paramad

If the wiring is exposed , it has been proven that this can make people feel uneasy , think it was called a fear cage or something . Also as animals are so sensitive they could probably pick up on this electrical energy and that could make them act in the way that they are . Get an electrician in first though before you think paranormal.

Advertisement