Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

End Of Radio Analog Switch?

• 08-11-2011 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

The Analog switch is being turned off soon enough, getting rid of aerial tv, stations such as Rte 1, Tv3, TG4 will be gone(aerial not Upc etc)and I'm just wondering does this effect Radio? Will we all need digital radios, what will happen? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

If thats the case were all fu ked.
    But from what i learned in physics. Radio, bluetooth and tv all run on different waves. so i think we are ok :D

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bonesy.

Good stuffs :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I have to think that FM is safe for some time to come... DAB has been very underwhelming so far for listeners in the UK...there are good reasons for TV moving on to different broadcast formats and wave spectrums, but those don't apply (yet) for radio as far as I can see...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Tom Russell

No wonder this country is fecked how misinformed most people are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

No wonder this country is fecked how misinformed most people are

Indeed :D:(:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭chinwag

This subject was discussed recently on boards.

See link below.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056422202

Advertisement