Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing NAT type -Eircom Netopia router

Options
  • 08-11-2011 4:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭

How do i change the nat type to NAT 1 please?

Cant find a solution anywhere

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi Davidson2K9,

If you call broadband support on 1890 260 260 they can go through that with you step by step.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

What if you were with Eircom but switched to another provider but are still on the eircom line? Would they still give you that information?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi Davidson2k9,

Thanks for post. The following should help you with this :

Logon to the web interface on the Netopia router via the gateway IP address : 192.168.1.254

Click on start and/or select Expert Mode from the Menu listing (normally on the left hand side of the screen).

Select Yes if prompted to enter Expert Modem

Click on Configure, then click on Advanced.

Select Nat and then choose 'Define Custom Service'

You will be prompted to name a service type; for e.g: call the service 'Davidson1'

You will then need to select a port range; 1 - 2000 for e.g

Click save and restart the router.

Probably a good idea to restart your own device as well (for e.g: /computer / application / games console /etc.)

(notes: There isn't an actual option to select Nat1 or Nat2, etc. on the Netopia. You simply need to define the range as advised above.)

I hope this helps.

If you need further help with the router, as Mark advised above, give Tech Support a call :

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (lowcall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (7 days).

All the best,
    Ant

Advertisement