Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Greg Brown on FM104?

• 08-11-2011 7:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Was surprised to hear Greg on fm104 this morning whilst heading to work. To my knowledge, he has not been on air in a long time yet suddenly pops up on fm104.

It just goes to show that when it comes to fm104, it is not what you know, but who you know. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Hyperlogic

Hadn't heard he was on FM104. Well done to him.

He may not have been on air in a while, but there's no-one that can say he didn't serve his time (from working with Energy, Freedom, KFM, CKR etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mega Buddy

Would make you think about he employment standards of fm104. Seems that if you are a friend of Mark Nobles, you are guaranteed a job in there. Easy to see that Dave Kelly clearly has no involvement with who is on air and gives Mr. Noble free reign.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

Mega Buddy wrote: »
    Would make you think about he employment standards of fm104. Seems that if you are a friend of Mark Nobles, you are guaranteed a job in there. Easy to see that Dave Kelly clearly has no involvement with who is on air and gives Mr. Noble free reign.

He's more than likely just filling in (giving that he's a pilot and based mostly in another country). Yeah he's probably a friend of Mark Noble, but if its a one of, fill in slot, then why not call up a buddy who knows how everything works and has a track record behind him (he's still on air with Pulse too) and throw him in there. What show was he on incidently OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Hyperlogic

I could be a mile off the mark...but it sounds quiet a bit like the OP has been refused a position with 104 to me. Feel free to call me out on that though.

The fact remains, Greg's demo was probably a hell of a lot stronger than other applicants. Fran correctly pointed out that he has actually been working on Pulse, but regardless, taking a break from the industry doesn't disqualify you from future employment. Look at Parkinson on the BBC!

I'd also like to add, that on at least one occassion I have contacted Mark with the details of someone I felt was worth his time. He subsequently hired the person I spoke to him about. Nobby recognises talent...if he already knows that person - does that make it wrong to hire them?

Advertisement