Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dearest / Cheapest Doctors in Waterford city.

• 08-11-2011 7:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

I just went to the Doctors last friday (having lost my Medical card by 7 euros.:mad:) I had to hand over 55euros before I saw the Dr even. i was only with him for less than 5 mins. Then I had to pay 28 euros for perscription. I'll have to be very sick before I go to the Drs again.

Made me wonder though.. Do all Surgeries charge the same?

What does your doc charge for a visit?

I suppose its OK to say that i went to the Keogh practice. 55 euros....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Godsentme wrote: »
    I just went to the Doctors last friday (having lost my Medical card by 7 euros.:mad:) I had to hand over 55euros

Sorry to hear that - it's so stupid that people go from getting free GP care on the medical card, straight to having to shell out €55 as soon as they pass an arbitrary income threshold. Surely to God they could work out some sort of graded system? :mad:

As I work in Kilkenny, I use the Loughboy practice, and they charge €50, which makes you think twice about going, but recent scares have taught me that my health is no 1, ahead of car, house, going out - everything.

You may be able to claim some of that back in tax though, so keep all your receipts and do a claim online to the Revenue in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Keep all reciepts, you can claim some back at the start of next year by filling out your med 1 form, same for dental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Yeah its €55 in the Medical Centre in Broadstreet. The good thing is they have a price list displayed at the desk so you can see before you buy.

I also think twice before i go to the doctor, but we have enough cash to bring the baby to the doctor hidden away in the house for emergencys.

It really makes a difference when you have a good doctor, when I see my doctor she knows she wont see me for another year, so get everything into one visit!

The collage does a deal where you pay €100 and see hte doc for €10 per time.

Also keep repplying to the medical card scheme, everyting your tax/ mortgage goes up etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Dr power is the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

seanybiker wrote: »
    Dr power is the man.

+1

Cheapest Doctor in the city too. And you don't have to know 2 days in advance that you're going to get sick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Even if you don't qualify for a medical card, you might qualify for a GP Visit card which has a higher income threshold.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

seanybiker wrote: »
    Dr power is the man.

Price Seany? And where is he practicing?

Advertisement